Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script for file names/sizes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for file names/sizes Post 302073019 by ssmiths001 on Tuesday 9th of May 2006 03:16:17 PM
Old 05-09-2006
Script for file names/sizes

How can I look at a certain directory and list all the file names, locations and sizes of each file in the current directory and all subdirectories?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check and report database file sizes...

Need help for a script to check and report database file sizes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for checking and reporting file sizes in a directory.

Hi, Need help for a Script for checking and reporting database file sizes in a directory. Request you to please give your valuable inputs. Thanks a lot in advance. Best Regards, Marconi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file sizes in script

Hi, I'm trying to check a filesize within a script and then excute a relevant action. An example is below: if then rm $filename rm $filename2 elif then rm $filename2 fi Basically if $filename2 has a filesize of 0 then I want both files to be removed, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

input file names to a script

What is a more efficient way to read files into a script? I don't want to hard code the file names like below: for file in file1 \ file2 do ... done I want to execute the script with a variable number for files for input like below: ./scriptname file1 file2 file3 ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare file sizes

I need to write a bash script larger X Y that compares the sizes of two specified files X and Y, and reports which file is larger. For example, if X is larger, the output should be "File X is larger", while if Y is larger, the output should be "File Y is larger". If the files are exactly the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: julia_21436
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for printing folder names and their sizes

Good day, everyone! I'm very new to bash scripting. Our teacher gave us a task to create a script that basically does the same job the 'du' command does, with the difference that 'du' command gives an output in the form of <size> <folder name>and what we need is <folder name> <size>As for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UncleIS
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash script for printing folder names and their sizes

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to create a script that would reproduce the output of 'du' command, but in a different way: what 'du' does is: <size> <folder name>and what is needed is <folder name> <size>We need to show only 10 folders which are the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UncleIS
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files names and sizes in a directory and output result to the file?

Hi , I'm trying to list the files and output is written to a file. But when I execute the command , the output file is being listed. How to exclude it ? /tmp file1.txt file2.txt ls -ltr |grep -v '-' | awk print {$9, $5} > output.txt cat output.txt file1.txt file2.txt output.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
8 Replies