Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Failed to replace string with "sed" Post 302072801 by sssow on Sunday 7th of May 2006 05:19:46 PM
Old 05-07-2006
remove the double quotes from your sed command

echo "#MPEG-4\$-\$MPEG_4" | sed -e 's/MPEG-4\$-\$MPEG_4/MPEG-4\$-\$MPEG4_H264/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to substitute string with "<>"

Hi folks, I have the following template file: application.filePath.core = /core-RIGHTV/Html/ application.filePath.xbip = /xbip-RIGHTV/Html/ translator.rootContext = /translator_<schame_name>/ I need to substitute the string in the third line "<schema_name>" with $SCHEMA_NAME I ran the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed , Replace a "variable text" inside of a statement

Please Help... I am trying to manipulte the following line Before : <user:Account_Password>002786</user:Account_Password> the password is the "variable", i need to delete / omit the password in the file, (it occurs several thousand times) so the tag line looks like After:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackn7
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a string which is in between "" and replace it with another character

Hi, I am trying to search a string from a text file which is in between "" (Double Quotes) (Eg: "Unix"), and replace it with a | where ever it is appearing in the text file and save the file. Please help me. -kkmdv (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkmdv
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to replace "|" with ^ for all *.dat files in a folder not working

I am trying to use the below sed command to replace all "|" to ^, in a folder had 50 dat files. when i tried with 1 file it worked but when i tried with wild card, is not working. sed -i 's/"|"/\^/g' *.dat Is this the proper way to use sed command thank you very much for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies
SFRONT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SFRONT(1)

NAME
sfront - MPEG 4 Structured Audio decoder. SYNOPSIS
sfront [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the sfront command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a general manual page. Instead, it has documentation in the HTML format; see below. sfront is a program that compiles MPEG 4 Structured Audio (MP4-SA) bitstreams into efficient C programs that generate audio when executed. It supports real-time, low-latency audio input/output and MIDI input from soundcards. You must compile the C file generated after sfront execution with a C compiler, and execute the resulting program to get the audio output. OPTIONS
A summary of the most important options is included below. For a complete description, see the HTML manual. -help Show summary of all of the options. -o c_file Write the C output to the file c_file -bit mp4_file Use the MPEG4 binary file mp4_file as input file. -bitc mp4_file Use the MPEG4 binary file mp4_file as input file. Skip its streaming data. -orc orchestra_file Use the textual SAOL file orchestra_file as orchestra input file. -sco score_file Use the textual SASL file score_file as score input file. -sstr score_file Use the stream-encoded SASL file score_file as score input file. -midi midi_file Use the MIDI file midi_file as score input file. -mstr midi_file Use the streamed MIDI file midi_file as score input file. SEE ALSO
On Debian systems you can find the sfront related documentation in /usr/share/doc/sfront/html/index.html. Included there are: The Sfront Reference Manual by John Lazzaro and John Wawrzynek. The MPEG-4 Structured Audio Book by John Lazzaro and John Wawrzynek. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <era@debian.org>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). May 14, 2002 SFRONT(1)