Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I print variables im using in makefiles? Post 302072789 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 7th of May 2006 09:57:11 AM
Old 05-07-2006
Code:
<tab> @echo "$(exec_prefix)"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot print 3 variables on same line

Hi, I have a file containing emails about some issues. Using a bourne shell script, I need to extract the issue number from the URL's contained in the file (all URL's look like this : http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=1881) and then print out the issue number, status and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Jones
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

makefiles

Solved........ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: klam
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop And Print 2 Variables

I have the following loop: for I in `ldm ls |grep -v ^NAME| awk '{print $1}'` do ldm ls -o network $I | echo $I | tr -s ' ' | cut -f6 -d " " | more +9 I would like the following displayed to a file: The value of $I, followed by a newline, then the information from the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxman
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print variables using awk

Can anyone help me with how to print the variable using a awk statement. for i in ` cat serverlist.txt ` ; do my command | awk '{print $1 $2 $i}' done It should print like below but it is not XXXXX YYYYY Servername XXXXX YYYYY Servername XXXXX YYYYY Servername XXXXX YYYYY... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Positional variables

Hi, I have to use the vaious kind of filters based on various fields in the input file like - count occurence of cases where "TRK-GRP" = 169 or like "ADDR-DIG" = 80080. I don;t know the positional variable for all below fields. Please help. Input File : +++ BEST 12-05-27 15:06:49 MDI 3478... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PRINT TWO VARIABLES IN ONE LINE

my command nawk -F' ' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if ($i ~ /XX/) print i}}' TOM.bk The output is in two lines as below 12 30 i want the output in one line with comma delimited as below 12,30 the 23 and 79 are column numbers in one line of the file. so i want all the two columns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dealerso
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk With multiple print variables

Hi, I have a parameter which will be having the fields which needs to be filtered or derived. But This is not working which is mentioned below. I am using the below mentioned OS uname -a SunOS udora310 5.10 Generic_150400-11 sun4v sparc sun4v param='$1$2' nawk -v para="$param" 'BEGIN... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Rafi
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print whole line if variables matches

Der colleagues, 4 days I am trying to solve my issue and no success.. Maybe you can give me a clue how to achieve what I need.. So I have two files. file1 example: 1_column1.1 1_column2.1 aaa 1_column4.1 1_column1.2 1_column2.2 ttt 1_column4.2 1_column1.3 1_column2.3 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Makefiles

Hi All, I was going through some makefiles where I saw occurrences of explib_subdirs and expinc_subdirs, which I could not understand. Exporting libs to subdirs ? Exporting include files to specified subdirs ? When do we need to do that ? What I could understand is, for a build, I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alltaken
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two variables and print the difference

Hi PRIM_SEQ=`some sql code` and output of PRIM_SEQ is like below 120 130 STB_SEQ=`some sql code` and output of STB_SEQ is like below 115 110 i need to compare this two variables output ( decimal numbers) 1) What I want to do is to compare every number in the PRIM_SEQ with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
8 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)