Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Emacs & GCC not installed by default? Post 302072648 by zazzybob on Friday 5th of May 2006 12:31:04 AM
Old 05-05-2006
Depends what you selected for installation - Development tools, Editors, etc. The installation is very flexible and will allow you to include/exclude most packages outside of the core/base OS.

Fire up YaST, search for the packages then install them.

Cheers
ZB

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gcc & make error- Help please

Folks; I'm trying to install gcc-3.4.6 & install SWIG tool on Solaris 10 (Sparc), but when i try to run make for gcc i got this error below: make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-gcc' and when i try to run "make install" to install swig, i got this error: *** Error code 2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

2. Solaris

gcc & linker question (Solaris 10)

Hi, I'm confused about the GCC & Linking process could somebody please briefly explain? I have GCC 3.4.6 installed from SunFreeware. Reading the narrative alongside the package states "It was compiled to use the SUN assembler and loader usually in /usr/ccs/bin if the SUNW developer packages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
1 Replies

3. Solaris

command 'cc' failed even though gcc is installed

I'm trying to build some python modules on a Solaris 10 machine. It has gcc as /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. # CC=gcc python setup.py build running build running build_py running build_ext cc -c actread.c -o actread.o unable to execute cc: No such file or directory error: command 'cc' failed with exit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Not able to connect (ping & http) to windows 2003 (with IIS installed) from Solaris9 Machine(Tomcat)

hi Am trying to connect from Solaris 9 installed Sun server and having Tomcat 5.5.9 installed on top of it to Windows 2003 server with IIS installed for web application. Scenarios am facing are 1. From Sun system am able to ping and telnet ip with port 80 of windows 2000 system which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

No cc/gcc installed on SunOS 5.10

Hi All: this work machine has no gcc installed, the only cc is located at: /usr/ucb/cc but this does not do a make, I get error: "/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed". Meaning cc is not fully installed, correct? I do not want to get root/sysadmin involved on... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
17 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
BUILDER-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						     BUILDER-CC(1)

NAME
builder-cc - gcc wrapper to facilitate pentium-optimizations SYNOPSIS
export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=architecture export DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER=gcc-version gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The builder-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual. If the environment variable DEBIAN_BUILDARCH is not set, builder-cc does nothing, and the real gcc is invoked with the specified arguments. When the DEBIAN_BUILDARCH environment variable is set, builder-cc invokes gcc with the specified arguments, plus -mcpu=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH -march=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH This has the effect of telling gcc to use architecture-specific optimizations without changing the command line. This is particularly useful for package builds. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is not set, builder-cc calls gcc.real. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is set, builder-cc calls gcc-DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER instead. ENVIRONMENT
DEBIAN_BUILDARCH If set, the architecture to compile for. Useful values are pentium or pentiumpro. DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER If set, the version of gcc to be invoked. Useful values are 3.0 or 2.95. NOTES
The real gcc is renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus builder-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) Debian Project 2002-03-02 BUILDER-CC(1)