Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Host unreachable
Special Forums Cybersecurity Host unreachable Post 302072596 by RTM on Thursday 4th of May 2006 09:44:00 AM
Old 05-04-2006
Check /etc/hosts.allow, output of netstat -nr, ifconfig -a. Use snoop to see if your server 'sees' any traffic.

Check out the dhcp troubleshooting guide

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connect: Network is unreachable

I am running RH7.3 on a compaq presario box. The network card is a Linksys one. I am only able to communicate with the local network (only the local IPs are accessible). When I try to ping another box I get a "Connect: Network is unreachable" message. What could be the problem. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Notification if server unreachable?

Is it possible for a group of servers to monitor each other and then send an alert if one of them is no longer 'alive'? Or if its easier have one server that monitors the other five and then sends an alert. If so how would this be done? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
3 Replies

3. Linux

Linux Port Unreachable

All, I have to servers (NT and REL4). We can access the application on NT from Linux but we cannot access the applications on Linux when accessed from NT. The applicaiton is running on Linux with some IP:Port. When we try to access that application from NT, it says that the port is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The One
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to get explorer from unreachable machine

Hi Guy. I have a Dummy question. I cant connect a T2000 machine to the network, We have netword card problems. But in this moment is mandatory to get the explorer from the machine. My question is What can I do?. Could I try write the explorer to the CD? (This is a option), or any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
6 Replies

5. Solaris

ICMP Net Unreachable from gateway

Hi all, I cannot reach my SERVER from my NetBackup server connect through SERVER_prv ("cannot connect to client") My SERVER was Sun OS 5.8, below is the message i get when i ping my SERVER: # ping 192.168.X.X or # ping SERVER_prv ICMP Net Unreachable from gateway 172.16.102.XXX for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Image/JS hoster down or unreachable

Apparently (at least) 2 of the servers responsible for serving the static images and the JavaScript are down or otherwise unreachable. Affected are www.unix.com and www.unix.com, while www.unix.com is still up. A check on this website confirmed it. Checked as of 2010-06-16 08:11 UTC. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
13 Replies

7. Solaris

route add : network is unreachable

Hey Guys: I am trying to add a route for assign a network interface to the traffic to/from a specific net, but allways to get the same system message : network is unreacheable root@ColectorDMSCNT # route add net 200.44.46.0/24 161.196.84.196 1 add net 200.44.46.0/24: gateway... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Ubuntu] some contents unreachable

Hello, I'm using Ubuntu, and when I check "/"(root directory)'s properties. The window says "some contents unreachable". What is the "some contents"? http://i.imgur.com/UWn8Q.png (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hz_i3
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wether does it successful or unreachable?

Hi, all: How can I check what happen with my own NIC driver which response "successful" when local PC "ping" a remote linux PC but "unreachable" when it "ping" a remote windows XP PC? My writed driver runs in linux 3.0.4 kernel. thanks! li, kunlun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liklstar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Installadm - network in unreachable

Seems to wanboot ok but then fails to connect to server. What do I need to check? {0} ok boot net - install Boot device: /pci@300/pci@1/pci@0/pci@1/network@0 File and args: - install 1G link up <time unavailable> wanboot info: WAN boot messages->console <time unavailable>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					     OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_ping - node connectivity SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] [OCF_RESKEY_failure_score=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_debug=string] ping [start | stop | reload | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Every time the monitor action is run, this resource agent records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes the host can connect to. It is essentially the same as pingd except that it uses the system ping tool to obtain the results. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/ping-] PID file OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to ping. OCF_RESKEY_failure_score = integer [] failure_score Resource is failed if the score is less than failure_score. Default never fails. OCF_RESKEY_debug = string [false] Verbose logging Enables to use default attrd_updater verbose logging on every call. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 06/10/2014 OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)