Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String replace perl script error Post 302072563 by cbkihong on Thursday 4th of May 2006 04:07:37 AM
Old 05-04-2006
What is your expected results?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a date format from a file an replace with a string in PERL

I am very new to Perl. I am struggling so hard to search a date (such as 10/09/2009, 10-09-2009) from a text file and replace with a string (say DATE) using Perl. Please help me out. Thanks in advance. Regds Doren (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Replace multiple objects within a string

looking to replace parameters within a string with an external answer - with multiple replacements within a string %% will be used to wrap the objects to be replaced i.e. hello %%title%% %%user%% from %%address%% you last %%action%% on %%object%% the params will be used to make calls to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bidbrooken
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to replace numbers by string

Hi! I need the following script: - All numbers in a filename (0-9) have to be replace by a String ("Zero"-"Nine") - The script has to go through all the files in the current directory and has to replace the numbers as described above... I have no idea how to do this... Thanks! Michael (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michi21609
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace string in perl?

Hi, I have string like this: $query="#1,apple"; $string=$query; I want to replace #1 with fruit. I tried like this: string=~s/#\d+/$query/ig; print "\n string: $string\n"; It is working only when there is single #1 or #2 but when i give like #1,#2,#3,apple the above code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string in perl - Urgent

Hi, Can anyone help me to replace ='is NOT NULL' to is NOT NULL in perl. I tried all the methods which i know, i didnt arrive at the solution. please help!! ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:56 PM ---------- I got it.......! Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format check and replace string in PERL

I have got few date format patterns like "yyyymmdd", "yy_mm_dd" etc. There can be any combination of such patterns. I have used add_delta_days to find "yyyy", "yy", "mm", "dd" for the current date and saved them to different variables like "$y1", "$y2", "$m1" etc In one line, i want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- read search and replace string from the file

Dear all, I have a number of files and each file has two sections separated by a blank line. At the top section, I have lines which describes the values of the alphabetical characters, # s #; 0.123 # p #; 12.3 # d #; -2.33 # f #; 5.68 <blank line> sssssss spfdffff sdfffffff Now I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasharma
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to read string from file#1 and find/replace in file#2

Hello Forum. I have a file called abc.sed with the following commands; s/1/one/g s/2/two/g ... I also have a second file called abc.dat and would like to substitute all occurrences of "1 with one", "2 with two", etc and create a new file called abc_new.dat sed -f abc.sed abc.dat >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and Replace String in Perl - Regexp

Trying to find and replace one string with another string in a file #!/usr/bin/perl $csd_table_path = "/file.ntab"; $find_str = '--bundle_type=021'; $repl_str = '--bundle_type=021 --target=/dev/disk1s2'; if( system("/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/$find_str/$repl_str/' $csd_table_path")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
2 Replies
FindBin(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FindBin(3pm)

NAME
FindBin - Locate directory of original perl script SYNOPSIS
use FindBin; use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../lib"; or use FindBin qw($Bin); use lib "$Bin/../lib"; DESCRIPTION
Locates the full path to the script bin directory to allow the use of paths relative to the bin directory. This allows a user to setup a directory tree for some software with directories <root>/bin and <root>/lib and then the above example will allow the use of modules in the lib directory without knowing where the software tree is installed. If perl is invoked using the -e option or the perl script is read from "STDIN" then FindBin sets both $Bin and $RealBin to the current directory. EXPORTABLE VARIABLES
$Bin - path to bin directory from where script was invoked $Script - basename of script from which perl was invoked $RealBin - $Bin with all links resolved $RealScript - $Script with all links resolved KNOWN ISSUES
If there are two modules using "FindBin" from different directories under the same interpreter, this won't work. Since "FindBin" uses "BEGIN" block, it'll be executed only once, and only the first caller will get it right. This is a problem under mod_perl and other persis- tent Perl environments, where you shouldn't use this module. Which also means that you should avoid using "FindBin" in modules that you plan to put on CPAN. The only way to make sure that "FindBin" will work is to force the "BEGIN" block to be executed again: delete $INC{'FindBin.pm'}; require FindBin; KNOWN BUGS
If perl is invoked as perl filename and filename does not have executable rights and a program called filename exists in the users $ENV{PATH} which satisfies both -x and -T then FindBin assumes that it was invoked via the $ENV{PATH}. Workaround is to invoke perl as perl ./filename AUTHORS
FindBin is supported as part of the core perl distribution. Please send bug reports to <perlbug@perl.org> using the perlbug program included with perl. Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995 Graham Barr & Nick Ing-Simmons. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or mod- ify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 FindBin(3pm)