Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: create new table/field
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting create new table/field Post 302072538 by Gr4wk on Wednesday 3rd of May 2006 09:07:47 PM
Old 05-03-2006
Thanks bro, it works!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table

Hi I want create table based on csv file .I have come up with some informations getting columns names and then no idea from that .Please any help file.txt col1|col2|col3|col4|col5 1234|zxxxx|xcvvv|300|null file.sh file=$1 c1=`head -1 $file|tr "|" "\n" |cat -n` echo "$c1"... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
31 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a table - very new to unix

I need to create a simple table of information by grepping several columns from various files and display them all at once with simple headers on top. Can anyone help get me started? I am very new to unix so I really have no idea how to work with this and I appreciate any help I can get! Let me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aj250
11 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Pivot table

I would like to use awk to parse a file with three columns in, like: Chennai,01,1 Chennai,07,1 Chennai,08,3 Chennai,09,6 Chennai,10,12 Chennai,11,19 Chennai,12,10 Chennai,13,12 Kerala,09,2 AP,10,1 AP,11,1 Delhi,13,1 Kerala,13,3 Chennai,00,3 Chennai,01,1 Chennai,02,1 Chennai,07,5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boston_nilesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a field to a file using a conversion table

Hello everyone, Here is what i am trying to accomplish. I have a transaction log that I want to to add a field. The fields in the transaction log are tab delimited FYI. My goal is to add a column specifying the category/type to each item purchased. I have created a two column "conversion table"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpencerClark
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Script from table

I have a table ABC with 4 columns and below data Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4 prod,10,12,joba prod,10,11,jobb qa,10,12,jobc I want to create an output file like this Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:12 JobName:joba Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:11 JobName:jobb (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: traininfa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting form field to table format

May data Name = Andi Address = none Phone = 82728 Name = Peter Address = none Phone = 98799 The expected output Name,Address,Phone Andi,none,82728 Peter,none,98799 what i have done (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a field in a table

I have made a table PRD_WORK_LM.test and it contains one field, ctrl_test. This field contains a 0 or a 1. I want to write a unix script that goes like this: IF ctrl_test = 1 THEN ... ELSE exit FI How can I write this in a script? Do I have to do this within bteq? or outside bteq? can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: katled
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine table field for time

Hi, I have table like usrid Month Date year Time w23da Feb 10 2014 12:42:34 ae3aw Feb 20 2014 12:47:02 zse3q Feb 09 2014 10:02:28 all the five fields are inserted into different columns I want to combine all four (Month,Date,year and Time) and make it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table within awk-if statement

Hi I am trying to create a table within an awk if statement awk -F, '{ if ($8 ~ /Match/) BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' SN1.csv | mailx -s "Your details" abc@123.com But this doesnt work.. Please suggest (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
8 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)