Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: create new table/field
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting create new table/field Post 302072538 by Gr4wk on Wednesday 3rd of May 2006 09:07:47 PM
Old 05-03-2006
Thanks bro, it works!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table

Hi I want create table based on csv file .I have come up with some informations getting columns names and then no idea from that .Please any help file.txt col1|col2|col3|col4|col5 1234|zxxxx|xcvvv|300|null file.sh file=$1 c1=`head -1 $file|tr "|" "\n" |cat -n` echo "$c1"... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
31 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a table - very new to unix

I need to create a simple table of information by grepping several columns from various files and display them all at once with simple headers on top. Can anyone help get me started? I am very new to unix so I really have no idea how to work with this and I appreciate any help I can get! Let me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aj250
11 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Pivot table

I would like to use awk to parse a file with three columns in, like: Chennai,01,1 Chennai,07,1 Chennai,08,3 Chennai,09,6 Chennai,10,12 Chennai,11,19 Chennai,12,10 Chennai,13,12 Kerala,09,2 AP,10,1 AP,11,1 Delhi,13,1 Kerala,13,3 Chennai,00,3 Chennai,01,1 Chennai,02,1 Chennai,07,5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boston_nilesh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a field to a file using a conversion table

Hello everyone, Here is what i am trying to accomplish. I have a transaction log that I want to to add a field. The fields in the transaction log are tab delimited FYI. My goal is to add a column specifying the category/type to each item purchased. I have created a two column "conversion table"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpencerClark
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Script from table

I have a table ABC with 4 columns and below data Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4 prod,10,12,joba prod,10,11,jobb qa,10,12,jobc I want to create an output file like this Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:12 JobName:joba Server:prod StartTime:10 EndTime:11 JobName:jobb (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: traininfa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting form field to table format

May data Name = Andi Address = none Phone = 82728 Name = Peter Address = none Phone = 98799 The expected output Name,Address,Phone Andi,none,82728 Peter,none,98799 what i have done (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a field in a table

I have made a table PRD_WORK_LM.test and it contains one field, ctrl_test. This field contains a 0 or a 1. I want to write a unix script that goes like this: IF ctrl_test = 1 THEN ... ELSE exit FI How can I write this in a script? Do I have to do this within bteq? or outside bteq? can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: katled
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine table field for time

Hi, I have table like usrid Month Date year Time w23da Feb 10 2014 12:42:34 ae3aw Feb 20 2014 12:47:02 zse3q Feb 09 2014 10:02:28 all the five fields are inserted into different columns I want to combine all four (Month,Date,year and Time) and make it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create table within awk-if statement

Hi I am trying to create a table within an awk if statement awk -F, '{ if ($8 ~ /Match/) BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' SN1.csv | mailx -s "Your details" abc@123.com But this doesnt work.. Please suggest (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
8 Replies
jlha-utils(1)						      General Commands Manual						     jlha-utils(1)

NAME
jlha -- lzh decompressor/compressor SYNOPSIS
jlha [[-]{axelvudmcp[q[num]][vnfodizg012]}[w=<dir>]] [archive_file] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the jlha commands. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. jlha is a program extracts or creates LZH archive files. COMMANDS AND OPTIONS
commands: a Add files to archive xe EXtract files from archive l List files from archive v Verbose list files from archive u Update files to archive d Delete files from archive m Move files to archive c Create archive p Print archive to stdout t Test the integrity of an archive options: q quiet output v verbose output f force overwrite existing files t FILES are TEXT files o[567] Change LHA compression algorithm w=<dir> specify working directory. only works for (e/x) d delete files after executing commands. only works for (a/u/c) i ignore path. only works for (e/x) z do not compress files (a/u) 0/1/2 change header level (a/u) e convert text file encoding from/to EUC-JP y convert filename from Shift-JIS AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) <grandpaul@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). This man- ual page is in public domain and is freely reproduced, distributed, transmitted, used, modified, built upon, or otherwise exploited by any- one for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and in any way, including by methods that have not yet been invented or conceived. jlha-utils(1)