Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 0: Event not found. in tcsh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 0: Event not found. in tcsh Post 302072342 by reborg on Monday 1st of May 2006 06:52:15 PM
Old 05-01-2006
It seems that the !! are getting interpreted as history commands.
Try using single quotes around your text in the echo statments, or removing the exclamations.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at crontab tcsh setenv: command not found

i have written a script "master.shell" which is in the path: /a/homes.surrey.ac.uk/pgt_fs_002/bl00001/phd/griddata/shell/master.shell ==================================== #/usr/local/bin/tcsh setenv GLOBUS_LOCATION /grid/software/globus3 setenv PATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binbintriangel
1 Replies

3. Linux

what caused no event found?

I tried to run nohup command line on my Linux server to connect to a remote server, then execute Oracle binary to run a process at background. My Linux information looks like this: oracle@myserver:/opt/oracle/scripts $ uname -a Linux myserver.domain.com 2.6.18-194.32.1.0.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jan 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duke0001
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant get awk 1liner to remove duplicate lines from Delimited file, get "event not found" error..help

Hi, I am on a Solaris8 machine If someone can help me with adjusting this awk 1 liner (turning it into a real awkscript) to get by this "event not found error" ...or Present Perl solution code that works for Perl5.8 in the csh shell ...that would be great. ****************** ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy b
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/bash: Event not found.

Hi I'm new to scripting - please help me... I'm trying to run a script written by a friend: #!/bin/bash for aStat in .... do .... done when coping the script to the terminal I get: /bin/bash: Event not found. for: Command not found. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atira
7 Replies
history(n)					       Provides a history for Entry widgets						history(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
history - Provides a history for Entry widgets SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require history ?0.1? ::history::init pathName ?length? ::history::remove pathName ::history::add pathName text ::history::get pathName ::history::clear pathName ::history::configure pathName option ?value? bell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a convenient history mechanism for Entry widgets. The history may be accessed with the up and down arrow keys. ::history::init pathName ?length? Arranges to remember the history of the named Entry widget. An optional length determines the number of history entries to keep. This may be changed later with ::history::configure. History entries must be added with the ::history::add command before they can be seen. ::history::remove pathName Forgets all history entries for the Entry pathName and removes the history bindings. ::history::add pathName text This command is used to add history entries to an Entry that has previously had ::history::init called on it. This command should be called from your Entry handler with the contents of the entry (or whatever you wish to add to the history). ::history::get pathName This command returns a list containing the history entries for the Entry pathName ::history::clear pathName This command clears the history list for the named Entry. ::history::configure pathName option ?value? This command queries or sets configuration options. Currently the options recognized are length and alert. Setting the length deter- mines the number of history entries to keep for the named Entry. Alert specifies the command to run when the user reaches the end of the history, it defaults to bell entry .e bind .e <Return> [list ProcessEntry %W] ::history::init .e pack .e proc ProcessEntry {w} { set text [$w get] if {$text == ""} { return } ::history::add $w $text puts $text $w delete 0 end } KEYWORDS
entry, history history 0.1 history(n)