Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using Environment Variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Environment Variable Post 302072297 by kaiser on Monday 1st of May 2006 08:28:22 AM
Old 05-01-2006
OK, I feel like a moron. I dropped the $ from my export and it works fine. I should have caught that.

Thanks for the replies.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Environment Variable

Hello, I need some help to understand system and user environment files, such as .profile and others. I can edit my .profile file in my home directory. What I only touch in this file is the $PATH variable and when I am logged in under a telnet session, the PATH that I specify is used and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobsa
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help on environment variable

what is the environment variable used for getting the <machine name> . hello $LOGNAME,welcome to <??> I want to print the machine name in the place of <??> Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehuldoshi
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Environment Variable

$ . oraenv (when i type this at the prompt) ORACLE_SID = ? ( I get this) I understand that . oraenv is a startup script and it has the ENV variable ORACLE_SID. But pls let me know what more it explains and also how to change the env variable here. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environment Variable

First of all I am using C shell. I have a variable destDirectory that holds a path. the path includes an environment variable($user) when I try to execute a command within the script, the $destDirectory gets replaced with the path, but the environment variable is not replaced. I end up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karyn1617
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

environment variable

Hi, I have to set bunch of variables and all other programs like make, perl will use them .. Here are my constraints and requirements ... The variables have to be set by executing a script that runs in c shell. I cannot source the script since people who use this script might be on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharanbr
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Environment variable

Hello, For the moment, my LC_ALL variable is set as "" by default. If I want to change this value, I do : export LC_ALL="en_fr" for example. That I want to know it's : how can I set by default this value ? I want to save it on my profile in order to get it when I open my session... :confused:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

about environment variable

i am not clear at some places i saw that assigning a env var with colon ':' like export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:.:/usr/platform/sun4u/sbin here you can find : and a . and again : could some one explain how it works... see all is starting from root directory, how : is used and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Environment variable

Hi! Ok, so I'm no programmer and I have basically no experience in these stuff. However I need to work on a thing (I think you call it Framework) called Root. It's a tool used by physicists. In the manual they keep talking about Environment variable. Even thou I searched for what it is on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirwit
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Environment Variable

Hi All, I am new to SUN Solaris.I have some questions regarding environment variable.:confused: Q1. Where the environment variables available in Solaris. Q2. What command used here. Q3. Can a user change this .Suppose i want to change the bash to ksh can it be possible here. Or i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdash.ps
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expand an environment variable in sed, when the variable contains a slash

I'm trying to make a sed substitution where the substitution pattern is an environment variable to be expanded, but the variable contains a "slash". sed -e 's/<HOME_DIRECTORY>/'$HOME'/'This gives me the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 21: unknown option to `s'Obviously this is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies
Exporting Topologies to XML.(3) 			     Hardware Locality (hwloc)				   Exporting Topologies to XML.(3)

NAME
Exporting Topologies to XML. - Functions int hwloc_topology_export_xml (hwloc_topology_t topology, const char *xmlpath) int hwloc_topology_export_xmlbuffer (hwloc_topology_t topology, char **xmlbuffer, int *buflen) void hwloc_free_xmlbuffer (hwloc_topology_t topology, char *xmlbuffer) void hwloc_topology_set_userdata_export_callback (hwloc_topology_t topology, void(*export_cb)(void *reserved, hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_t obj)) int hwloc_export_obj_userdata (void *reserved, hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_t obj, const char *name, const void *buffer, size_t length) int hwloc_export_obj_userdata_base64 (void *reserved, hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_t obj, const char *name, const void *buffer, size_t length) void hwloc_topology_set_userdata_import_callback (hwloc_topology_t topology, void(*import_cb)(hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_t obj, const char *name, const void *buffer, size_t length)) Detailed Description Function Documentation int hwloc_export_obj_userdata (void *reserved, hwloc_topology_ttopology, hwloc_obj_tobj, const char *name, const void *buffer, size_tlength) Export some object userdata to XML. This function may only be called from within the export() callback passed to hwloc_topology_set_userdata_export_callback(). It may be invoked one of multiple times to export some userdata to XML. The buffer content of length length is stored with optional name name. When importing this XML file, the import() callback (if set) will be called exactly as many times as hwloc_export_obj_userdata() was called during export(). It will receive the corresponding name, buffer and length arguments. reserved, topology and obj must be the first three parameters that were given to the export callback. Only printable characters may be exported to XML string attributes. If a non-printable character is passed in name or buffer, the function returns -1 with errno set to EINVAL. If exporting binary data, the application should first encode into printable characters only (or use hwloc_export_obj_userdata_base64()). It should also take care of portability issues if the export may be reimported on a different architecture. int hwloc_export_obj_userdata_base64 (void *reserved, hwloc_topology_ttopology, hwloc_obj_tobj, const char *name, const void *buffer, size_tlength) Encode and export some object userdata to XML. This function is similar to hwloc_export_obj_userdata() but it encodes the input buffer into printable characters before exporting. On import, decoding is automatically performed before the data is given to the import() callback if any. This function may only be called from within the export() callback passed to hwloc_topology_set_userdata_export_callback(). The function does not take care of portability issues if the export may be reimported on a different architecture. void hwloc_free_xmlbuffer (hwloc_topology_ttopology, char *xmlbuffer) Free a buffer allocated by hwloc_topology_export_xmlbuffer() int hwloc_topology_export_xml (hwloc_topology_ttopology, const char *xmlpath) Export the topology into an XML file. This file may be loaded later through hwloc_topology_set_xml(). Returns: -1 if a failure occured. Note: See also hwloc_topology_set_userdata_export_callback() for exporting application-specific userdata. Only printable characters may be exported to XML string attributes. Any other character, especially any non-ASCII character, will be silently dropped. int hwloc_topology_export_xmlbuffer (hwloc_topology_ttopology, char **xmlbuffer, int *buflen) Export the topology into a newly-allocated XML memory buffer. xmlbuffer is allocated by the callee and should be freed with hwloc_free_xmlbuffer() later in the caller. This memory buffer may be loaded later through hwloc_topology_set_xmlbuffer(). Returns: -1 if a failure occured. Note: See also hwloc_topology_set_userdata_export_callback() for exporting application-specific userdata. Only printable characters may be exported to XML string attributes. Any other character, especially any non-ASCII character, will be silently dropped. void hwloc_topology_set_userdata_export_callback (hwloc_topology_ttopology, void(*)(void *reserved, hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_t obj)export_cb) Set the application-specific callback for exporting userdata. The object userdata pointer is not exported to XML by default because hwloc does not know what it contains. This function lets applications set export_cb to a callback function that converts this opaque userdata into an exportable string. export_cb is invoked during XML export for each object whose userdata pointer is not NULL. The callback should use hwloc_export_obj_userdata() or hwloc_export_obj_userdata_base64() to actually export something to XML (possibly multiple times per object). export_cb may be set to NULL if userdata should not be exported to XML. void hwloc_topology_set_userdata_import_callback (hwloc_topology_ttopology, void(*)(hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_t obj, const char *name, const void *buffer, size_t length)import_cb) Set the application-specific callback for importing userdata. On XML import, userdata is ignored by default because hwloc does not know how to store it in memory. This function lets applications set import_cb to a callback function that will get the XML-stored userdata and store it in the object as expected by the application. import_cb is called during hwloc_topology_load() as many times as hwloc_export_obj_userdata() was called during export. The topology is not entirely setup yet. Object attributes are ready to consult, but links between objects are not. import_cb may be NULL if userdata should be ignored during import. Note: buffer contains length characters followed by a null byte (''). This function should be called before hwloc_topology_load(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Hardware Locality (hwloc) from the source code. Version 1.7 Sun Apr 7 2013 Exporting Topologies to XML.(3)