Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP Unix replication solution
Operating Systems HP-UX HP Unix replication solution Post 302072210 by ufo_999 on Friday 28th of April 2006 11:41:20 PM
Old 04-29-2006
I looking to setup up DR replication instead of HA as it will be on HQ & remote branches... & perform manual switch over.

I seach around & that's some ppl said rsync is a good tool for data replication.

Any suggestion? Sorry, I still new on HP Unix replication/high availability concept.

Thank you.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix System Total Replication

Is there any way to totally replicate a unix system from one hardisk to another? And be able to swap the hardisk and restart the system without any error? TQ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuraman
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

folder replication between windows and unix

1. How do i replicate folders between windows and unix. if i create a subfolder under NDC in windows, it should automatically create a subfolder in unix as well. windows nt /NDC/SUBFOLDERS hp ux /NDC/SUBFOLDERS 2. How do i ftp a file from windows to unix using automated... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive Replication of Unix folders to Windows

Requirements: ftp files recursively from unix to windows. Replicate directory paths on unix (source) to windows (destination) and place files in their respective folders. There are no set number of files per directory nor fix number of dirA or dirB etc.... Source OS: Solaris... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can you help me find a solution in this program in unix ?

Write shell script to read 3 numbers and print them in revers and print wither they are polyndrome numbers or not ????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelorn_mn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to find a solution using UNIX commands

I have the below requirement. below is the content of the input file and my expected result Input file: a.txt <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Employee> <Name>XXXX</Name> <ID>1233</ID> </Employee> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Employee> <Name>YYYY</Name> <ID>1345</ID>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies
MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)						 1					     MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)

mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select - Find whether to send the query to the master, the slave or the last used MySQL server

SYNOPSIS
int mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select (string $query) DESCRIPTION
Finds whether to send the query to the master, the slave or the last used MySQL server. The plugins built-in read/write split mechanism will be used to analyze the query string to make a recommendation where to send the query. The built-in read/write split mechanism is very basic and simple. The plugin will recommend sending all queries to the MySQL replication master server but those which begin with SELECT, or begin with a SQL hint which enforces sending the query to a slave server. Due to the basic but fast algorithm the plugin may propose to run some read-only statements such as SHOW TABLES on the replication master. PARAMETERS
o $query - Query string to test. RETURN VALUES
A return value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER indicates that the query should be send to the MySQL replication master server. The function returns a value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_SLAVE if the query can be run on a slave because it is considered read-only. A value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED is returned to recommend running the query on the last used server. This can either be a MySQL replication master server or a MySQL replication slave server. If read write splitting has been disabled by setting mysqlnd_ms.disable_rw_split, the function will always return MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER or MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select(3) example <?php function is_select($query) { switch (mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select($query)) { case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER: printf("'%s' should be run on the master. ", $query); break; case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_SLAVE: printf("'%s' should be run on a slave. ", $query); break; case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED: printf("'%s' should be run on the server that has run the previous query ", $query); break; default: printf("No suggestion where to run the '%s', fallback to master recommended ", $query); break; } } is_select("INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (1)"); is_select("SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"); is_select("/*" . MYSQLND_MS_LAST_USED_SWITCH . "*/SELECT 2 FROM DUAL"); ?> The above example will output: INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (1) should be run on the master. SELECT 1 FROM DUAL should be run on a slave. /*ms=last_used*/SELECT 2 FROM DUAL should be run on the server that has run the previous query SEE ALSO
Predefined Constants, user filter .Runtime configuration, mysqlnd_ms.disable_rw_split, mysqlnd_ms.enable. PHP Documentation Group MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)