Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: housekeeping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting housekeeping Post 302072209 by mpang_ on Friday 28th of April 2006 10:51:35 PM
Old 04-28-2006
other than find

instead of using find (mtime which may be changed), is there any other way by simply use the timestamp within the filename? Thanks!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Housekeeping Not Working

Hi, I have a .ksh script which finds all the directories older than 84 days and tries to housekeep. Below is the command used find * -depth -type d -ctime +84 -exec rm -rf {} \; The above command lists all the directories ie child and parent directory in descending order which are more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: annamalai77
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Housekeeping script

I have a directory ( eg. /tmp , there are many files in it , I would like to do the houskeeping job , can advise how to develop a script to do the following . 1) if the files are elder than 10 days in this directory , the extension is .txt , then move it to /tmp/tmp-txt , the same , if the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Problems after filesystem housekeeping

I have noticed that after I clear up the /var filesystem, there are always problems. Does deleting the OLDsyslog.log file cause problems like missing directories and problems accessing crontabs? There were two situations where I faced problems. 1) Deleted OLDsyslog.log (Of course I created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies

4. AIX

Housekeeping null 2>&1 in /dev

Hello, Does anyone know how to housekeeping the null 2>&1 file in /dev? its fill up my system, please help. Thanks :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: only
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

[Tip] Housekeeping Tasks Made Easy - User Home directories and Leftover Files

We have regularly questions about how to create users and user accounts. But regularly user accounts need to be deleted too. It is quite easy to delete the user account itself but usually the HOME directory of the user remains. It is good style to remove these directories but simply deleting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)