Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX The server is not starting all services Post 302072203 by buffoonix on Friday 28th of April 2006 07:27:11 PM
Old 04-28-2006
As the mounting fails
it could be that your fstab is broken.
Btw. afaik there is no mountall command or alias on HP-UX.
Issue mount -a instead.
Also issue /sbin/cat /etc/fstab
and look if all the entries are valid.
Maybe a volume couldn't be activated?
Do you have an LVM layout?
Do you have your root disks mirrored?
Maybe a mirror disk is broken and the quorum for vg00 couldn't be fullfilled on activation?
You then could try to activate it by
/sbin/vgchange -q n -a y vg00
Maybe a filesystem didn't pass the fsck?
There can be all sorts of reasons,
and it's difficult to tell without further information.
You should check /etc/rc.log and /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log and dmesg
for any hints what caused init to hang.
Of course that would require to get /var mounted first.
Also note that syslog.log gets moved to OLDsyslog on every reboot.
So you might wish to save the syslog.log

Last edited by RTM; 05-06-2006 at 09:30 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting a server

i am currently am planning to start a webserver to host a community of webpages, but i need help getting started? anyone have any sites or advice for me? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bowlofrice
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

stopping and starting network services

Solaris v5.6 how do you stop and start the network services? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Westy564
4 Replies

3. Solaris

x server starting problem

i have installed solaris 10 on PIII i Ghz cpu, whole installation carried out in GUI mode but after installation it is unable to start GUI mode. Error is : "X server can not be started on display 0" screed flickers twice and the CLI login prompt appears (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajays
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting & Stop print services in Unix

Hi There Kindly inform me on how to start and stop the print services in Unix from the command line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

nfs/server not starting

Hi Gurus Sorry to ask this question again but left with no option I have entry in /etc/dfs/dfstab for resources which i am welling to shaer over the netwrok. Idelay once i execute shaerall it should enabel the nfs/server servcie in Solaris 10, however it was not stared and later i tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Starting an Apache Server

Sir, I have installed an Apache server in Fedora 9 (packages) and when i go to etc folder and try the command httpd -k start it says command not found....can any one help me out!!! ---------- Post updated at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:46 AM ---------- When i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bssandeshbs
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Starting nfs/server

Hi, I do not get nfs/server started. bash-3.00# svcadm enable nfs/server bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep nfs disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/cbd:default disabled 21:44:36 svc:/network/nfs/client:default disabled 21:44:51 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default disabled ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Web server cannot starting

hi guys i try to start my web server on solaris 10 with T2000 server, i have been already start but the status always maintenace. when i check logfile i have this messages when i exceute " svcs -l http" i have this output fmri svc:/network/http:apache2 name ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: audi_99
10 Replies

9. SCO

Sco Openserver Starting TCP/IP Services

Hi all, I have a customer whose sco unix server wasnt power off correctly and when booting it up I noticed that the boot up takes a while to finish the " Starting TCP services: snmpd routed lpd". after that the server is ready for login, but you cannot ping anything from the server (apart from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CharlL
2 Replies

10. Linux

Application services not starting with server reboot

Hi All, My application uses three different sub-services to make complete application up and running to normal. The entry of all the three services are present in /etc/init.d directory with proper softlink created to application home path where it actually exists. In one rare case one of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
3 Replies
DOVEADM-KICK(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-KICK(1)

NAME
doveadm-kick - Disconnect users by user name and/or IP address SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] user doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] ip[/mask] doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] user ip[/mask] DESCRIPTION
doveadm's kick command is used to disconnect users by user name and/or the ip address, from which they are connected. In the first form, all users, whose login name matches the user argument, will be disconnected. In the second form, all users, connected from the given IP address or network range, will be disconnected. In the last form, only users connected from the given IP address or networks range and a matching login name will be disconnected. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a anvil_socket_path This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/anvil. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. -f Enforce the disconnect, even when there are multiple users, from different networks, connected to a single process. This option may be only required when you have configured something like: service imap { ... client_limit = 1+n service_count = 0 ... } ARGUMENTS
ip[/mask] ip or ip/mask is the host or network, from which the users are connected. user Is a user's login name. Depending on the configuration, a login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. It's also possi- ble to use '*' and '?' wildcards (e.g. -u *@example.org). EXAMPLE
If you don't want to disconnect all users at once, you can check who's currently logged in. The first example demonstrates how to discon- nect all users whose login name is 3 characters long and begins with ba. doveadm who -1 ja* username proto pid ip jane imap 8192 ::1 james imap 8203 2001:db8:543:2::1 doveadm kick ba? kicked connections from the following users: bar baz The next example shows how to kick user foo's connections from 192.0.2.*. doveadm who -1 foo username proto pid ip foo imap 8135 fd95:4eed:38ba::25 foo imap 9112 192.0.2.53 foo imap 8216 192.0.2.111 doveadm kick foo 192.0.2.0/24 kicked connections from the following users: foo doveadm who f* username # proto (pids) (ips) foo 1 imap (8135) (fd95:4eed:38ba::25) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveadm-who(1) Dovecot v2.2 2010-06-12 DOVEADM-KICK(1)