Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Restartibility Functionality.... Post 302072181 by rkumar28 on Friday 28th of April 2006 10:30:59 AM
Old 04-28-2006
Restartibility Functionality....

I think this a good idea to write the broken sql filename to a file. I will try to write a script and see if this works.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions.

Raj
rkumar28

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date functionality

Hi, Could someone help me to get yesterday's date in MMDDYY format. echo `date '+%m%d%y'` is giving me today's date in the above format. Thanks in advance for your help.. Suresh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svannala1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed functionality

I have a few xml files and I want to input say 5 parameters within each file. is it possible to do so with sed? <parameter>A</parameter> <parameter>B</parameter> .... .... And so on. These parameters are meant to go in just inside: <?xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: collern2
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using functionality in another ksh

i have a function defined in one ksh i want to use the same functionality in another ksh i am using . ../<ksh name> but it is not picking that functionality what i have to do for the same (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup functionality in Bash

Hi please help in the below request Input File 1: a,1 b,2 c,3 d,4 e,5 f,6 Input File 2: 2 5 3 1 Output Required: b 2 e 5 c 3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe Functionality

Hi, I am trying to emulate the '|' functionality through pipe function call. I am passing the o/p of exec in parent as input to the exec in child. The buf is readin the o/p but the exec in child is not working. Can somebody checkout the code and point where am i going wrong or missing something.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amejoish
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the functionality of the last (&/or who) command.

I'm a Bash Newbie, hope you guys can help. n.n Ok, So I need to make a script that will get a list of the Users that are/have logged in (recently). I've been wondering how to get it with either the last or the who command. This Poses a problem, as with who, it ONLY shows the Users... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsteamer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using arrays and also help with array.contains functionality

here is what i have... i=1 while read line do if grep -i-q "create procedure"<<<$line then startline="$line" endline="blahblah" Get procedure name into a variable named procName procName="procedure name is stored" do some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Functionality

Hi everyone, today i need that someone help to understand this particular line of command. So you can explain to me step by step, it will be great. ---------- Post updated at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:51 AM ---------- (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding the email functionality

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip -r Functionality

Hi , I've written the following code to zip the big file $dir_temp ="/home/etc/hst zip -r $dir_temp/file_nm.zip $dir_temp/file_nm The zip file has been created . When I try to UNZIP the file with the following command unzip file_nm.zip The file got unzipped but created in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies