Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX performance
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX performance Post 302072091 by izy100 on Thursday 27th of April 2006 10:28:51 AM
Old 04-27-2006
My guess is the IO subsystem.
Did you check on the IO average service time and average wait time during peak hour?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance testing on AIX

I'm doing performance testing for one application which works on AIX. But I don't know which performance parameters of memory need to be collected. Now, I just know very few: 1. page in 2. page out 3. fre They are all collected by "vmstat" command. I want to know, except for above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adasong
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.2 performance question

I am trying to analyze the performance of an AIX system. I think I may have a disk I/O issue, but I am asking for help to validate or invalidate this assumption. I ran the commands below during a period of peak load. Please help me to find any performance bottlenecks. Thanks in advance for your... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
15 Replies

3. AIX

Performance issue in AIX 5.3

Is there is any way to increase the CPU utilization of a Embedded SQL program in AIX 5.3 .. for performance purpose. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyanendra Awast
0 Replies

4. AIX

performance issue in AIX

Gurus, i have process that runs 5 times a day. it runs normally (takes about 1 hour) to complete in 3 runs but it is takes about ( 3 hrs to complete) two times So i need to figure out why it takes significanlty high time during those 2 runs. The process is a shell script that connect to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX performance issue

Hi Guys, This is the situation I am in. Provide your views and input where should I start? I have one P7 test server and a p520 production server. the job is taking pretty long on the P7 test server when compared to the P5 production server. below is the full detail. Informix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ithinksgreen
5 Replies

6. AIX

Need some help for AIX performance monitoring

Hello I am new user of AIX; I have only basic knowledge of the UNIX commands, and I want to create script that will monitor the performance and resources usage on AIX 6.1 machine. Basically I wan to start a loop that will grab, every 10 seconds, the CPU usage, the memory usage, the disk usage,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adaher
1 Replies

7. AIX

Asynchronous I/O on AIX and DB performance

Hi, I would like to hear your thoughts about this. We are running our Data warehouse on DB2 DPF (partition environment) and I have notice that sometimes we hit the Asynchronous-I/O-Processes peak. DB2 relies heavily on Asynchronous I/O so I would believe this has an negative impact.We are... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
10 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 5.3 performance problems

Hello, I encounter some performance issues on my AIX 5.3 server running in a LPAR on a P520. How do I investigate performance issues in AIX. Is there any kind of procedure that takes me to the steps to investigate my server and find the sub systems that is causing the issues? The performance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 Memory Performance issues

Good Day Everyone, Just wonder anyone has encounter AIX 6.1 Memory Performance issues ? What I have in my current scenario is we have 3 datastage servers (Segregate server and EE jobs - for those who know Datastage achitect) and 2 db servers(running HA to load balance 4 nodes partitions for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

10. AIX

Performance stats from AIX 6

Hi, I'm supposed to capture many performance stats on AIX 6 and stuck up with below: Priority queue Disk cache hit% Page out rate Swap out rate Memory queue I see vmstatis helpful for "page out" but not sure how to get the "rate". Could anyone please let me know how to get these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
4 Replies
tswtclmt(7ipp)						   IP Quality of Service Modules					    tswtclmt(7ipp)

NAME
tswtclmt - Time Sliding Window Three Conformance Level Meter DESCRIPTION
The Time Sliding Window Three Conformance level meter (tswtcl) meters a traffic stream and determines the conformance level of its packets. Packets are deemed to belong to one of the three levels, Red, Yellow or Green, depending on the committed and peak rate. The meter provides an estimate of the running average bandwidth. It takes into account burstiness and smoothes out its estimate to approx- imate the longer-term measured sending rate of the traffic stream. The estimated bandwidth approximates the running average bandwidth of the traffic stream over a specific window (time interval). tswtcl estimates the average bandwidth using a time-based estimator. When a packet arrives for a class, tswtcl re-computes the average rate by using the rate in the last window (time interval) and the size of the arriving packet. The window is then slid to start at the current time (the packet arrival time). If the computed rate is less than the committed configuration parameter, the packet is deemed Green; else if the rate is less than the peak rate, it is Yellow; else Red. To avoid dropping multiple packets within a TCP window, tswtcl probabilistically assigns one of the three conformance level to the packet. STATISTICS
The tswtcl module exports global and per-class statistics through kstat: Global statistics: module: tswtclmt instance: <action id> name: tswtclmt statistics class <action name> green_bits <number of bit in green> green_packets <number of packets in green> red_bits <number of bits in red> red_packets <number of packets in red> yellow_bits <number of bits in yellow> yellow_packets <number of packets in yellow> FILES
/kernel/ipp/sparcv9/tswtclmt 64-bit module (SPARC only.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWqos | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipqosconf(1M), dlcosmk(7IPP), dscpmk(7IPP), flowacct(7IPP), ipqos(7IPP), ipgpc(7IPP), tokenmt(7IPP) RFC 2859, A Time Sliding Window Three Colour Marker (TSWTCM) W. Fang, N. Seddigh, B. Nandy -- The Internet Society, 2000 SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 2004 tswtclmt(7ipp)