Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regexp assistance
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regexp assistance Post 302072069 by new2ss on Thursday 27th of April 2006 05:04:31 AM
Old 04-27-2006
regexp assistance

i have a list of text
[example]
a
b
c
d
e[/example] My desired output is
[example]'a','b','c','d','e' [/example]

any advise? My file was actually in excel format, i copied out the column into notepad. I am not sure if the \n exists in between.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

regexp

Hi guys, does anyone know how to test for a regular expression - i want to include it in a script to make sure the variable is a regexp cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penfold
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp

What is the easiest way to get full address of *.jpg images from html file using perl? example: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/2126443111_65a810004c.jpg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regexp help

I'd like to know if there is a catchall line for renaming the following patterns: s01e03 -> 01x03 s4e9 -> 04x09 s10e08 ->10x08 and possibly even: 318 -> 03x18 1002 ->10x02 if its the first 3 or first digit number in the string. thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regexp

Hi there! I would like to know how to find and replace all numbers in a *.html file and make them bold. Any help will be appreciated! :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print the line immediately after a regexp; but regexp is a sentence

Good Day, Im new to scripting especially awk and sed. I just would like to ask help from you guys about a sed command that prints the line immediately after a regexp, but not the line containing the regexp. sed -n '/regexp/{n;p;}' filename What if my regexp is 3 word or a sentence. Im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ownins
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching regexp

Hi, maybe it is stupid question, but is it possible to match expression like this ? : ... // ... ( there is "//" somewhere on the line and on the end of the line there ISN'T "*/" ) I've tried something like : (in SED) sed 's/\/\/' but I need "*/" not to be on the end of the line ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolage
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp tip

Hello, I'm just starting working on it. I'd like to get a tip For istance if I have a file like: a b c d e f .... and I wanna get: 1a & 2b & 3c 0d & 8e & 4f ..... I would like to use sed and come up with a regular expression that works.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp help

Hi, I have file like below: 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afsf||4|aasfbc|~1213~~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |affsf| |4|abc|~rwarw~~asa~~~123~312313 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afasfs||4|aasfdbc|~564564~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp

I would like to extract "1333 Fairlane" given the below text. The word "Building:" is always present. The wording between Building and the beginning of the address can be almost anything. It appears the the hyphen is there most of the time. Campus: Fairlane Business Park Building:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbaker@copesan.
9 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

A Regexp You Can Use Everywhere

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ bakunin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies
pilot-read-notepad(1)						    PILOT-LINK						     pilot-read-notepad(1)

NAME
pilot-read-notepad - List the record information found in the Palm Notepad SECTION
pilot-link: Userland conduits SYNOPSIS
pilot-read-notepad [-p|--port <port>] [-q|--quiet] [--version] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-l|--list] [-t|--type ppm|png] DESCRIPTION
Connect to the Palm handheld and list the record information found in the Palm Notepad application (found on OS4 and newer devices). If --type is specified, each record's image will be converted to files, using Portable Network Graphic (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) for- mat. pilot-read-notepad allows a user running PalmOS 4.0 or later to read the data stored in the Palm Notepad application and extract the data into images and convert them to Portable Network Graphics (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) files. OPTIONS
pilot-read-notepad options -l, --list List picture information found on the device instead of converting them to image files. -t, --type type Specify the output picture type. Can be either "png" or "ppm". Conduit Options -p, --port port Use device file <port> to communicate with the Palm handheld. If this is not specified, pilot-read-notepad will look for the $PILOTPORT environment variable. If neither are found or supplied, pilot-read-notepad will print the usage information. -q, --quiet Suppress 'Hit HotSync button' message -v, --version Display version of pilot-read-notepad and exit without connecting. Help Options -h, --help Display the help synopsis for pilot-read-notepad and exit without connecting. --usage Display a brief usage message and exit without connecting. USAGE
The program will connect to the target Palm handheld, and list or convert the records and images found in the Palm Notepad application to Portable Network Graphic (.png) or Portable Pixmap (.ppm) files. AUTHOR
pilot-read-notepad was originally written by Angus Ainslie <angusa@deltatee.com>. This manual page was converted to XML by Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> REPORTING BUGS
We have an online bug tracker. Using this is the only way to ensure that your bugs are recorded and that we can track them until they are resolved or closed. Reporting bugs via email, while easy, is not very useful in terms of accountability. Please point your browser to http://bugs.pilot-link.org: http://bugs.pilot-link.org and report your bugs and issues there. COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. SEE ALSO
pilot-link(7) 0.12.5 Copyright 1996-2007 FSF pilot-read-notepad(1)