Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find . -mtime
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find . -mtime Post 302072010 by Perderabo on Wednesday 26th of April 2006 10:55:09 AM
Old 04-26-2006

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -mtime off by one day?

If I use the find command to find files older than n days I have to enter find . -mtime +(n-1). I tried this on a Solaris 9 system and also Linux. Is this something that all Unix veterans know about (I'm new to Unix)? If so, maybe my man pages need to be updated (how to do this?). :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceanntrean
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with find and mtime

I am using HP-UNIX , The below command doesnt display anything although i have changed a file in the directory by toutch -t 200010101800 nfile find /tmp/transfer/ -name "*.*" -mtime +1 Any problrm with the find command i written . .Please help ??.. Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mtime syntax

Hi guys, I am looking for a way of moving all files out of a directory with a time stamp greater then the one I specify. Can anyone suggest a way of doing so? For example, move all files out of dir1 which were created after 17:00 into dir2. Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find + prune + mtime

Hi, i try to catch all files in a dir ,without going down in subdir , which don't have file extension and older than 10 days for example: my dir : drwxr-xr-x 7 notes01 notes 4096 Mar 8 14:11 . drwxr-xr-x 116 root system 4096 Mar 9 11:17 .. -rw-r----- 1 notes01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -mtime +7

Dear all, find $ADMIN_DIR/$SID/arch/ -name '*.gz' -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \; is it retaining 7 days OR 8 days .gz files ? Thanks Prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashoracledb
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on find -mtime -exec

Hello people. Part of my script: echo "Compressing files older than 2 months in ${TEMP_DIR} directory ..." find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.dat' -mtime 61 -exec compress {} \; #BELOW COMMAND DOES NOT WORK :-( <<<<<<----------- find ${DATA_DIR}/ -name '*.o.lines.*' -mtime 61 -exec compress {}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find using mtime

Hi, so I was using mtime and its not behaving the way I would think its supposed too. I have two pdf files. One modified today and another 6 months ago. I upload them to the solaris server. Then I run the below find statements. This finds my 2 files find *.pdf -type f -name '*.pdf' this finds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find by name and mtime

Hi, I'm trying to find all files that have a .ksh and .p extension and that are 7 days old by using the below find command but it doesn't seem to as expected. It gives me random results.. Can someone point out what may be wrong? find . -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.p" -mtime -7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find with mtime option

Hi, Please give me more details on the following examples, about "mtime" option. When I try this, I could not get the expected output, please help. find . -mtime -1 -print find . -mtime +1 -print find . -mtime 1 -print How do I get the files modified between two dates, say from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
4 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD