Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers stripping server name from path Post 302071891 by Ecclesiastes on Tuesday 25th of April 2006 11:32:42 AM
Old 04-25-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by vino
Code:
//dvrg12/usr/users/user_name/folder1/folder2/file_name

Would the path //any-server-name/usr/users always remain the same ?

If the server name changes, try this.

Code:
#! /bin/ksh
server=//dvrg12/usr/users/user_name/folder1/folder2/file_name
echo ${server#*users}

It gives,

Code:
/user_name/folder1/folder2/file_name

Else this would also do.
Code:
#! /bin/ksh
server=//dvrg12/usr/users/user_name/folder1/folder2/file_name
echo ${server#//dvrg12/usr/users}

thanks for the help, solution works perfectly just had to tailor it to the rest of my script

Ecclesiates

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assign name to path in unix server

How can I make it so if someone types in "Manager" in the url box in their browser, it will bring them to the path /var/www/html/resourcedb/index.html? its currently viewable by going to the serveripaddress/resourcedb/index.html, but I want it to be shorter so when you are connected to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zombie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stripping down binaries

Hello, I am the CEO of Grand Tech Corporation. We are launching Linux NT and forgive me, but I do not know how to strip binaries down in Mandriva Linux. Can someone tell me a way to?:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux NT
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu samba server path

Hi, I can see a folder is mounted in my Ubuntu 8.04 machine through samba share. But, I could not find it out its actual location in the disk. If I issue the command sudo smbclient -L user its listing the folder as 'sharename' and 'type' as disk So, anyone help me how can I locate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Server dectects EMC dead path and send mail immediately

taus-itcapp1#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=APM00105201788 Logical device ID=60060160B2202B001094F0E0AF5CE011 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0; Owner: default=SP A, current=SP A Array failover mode: 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orafup
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help: Script to report timestamp of directories in a specific path from multiple Linux server

Need help Please help on how to write a script which can echo timestamp, size of subdirectories in a specific path from multiple Linux servers to a text file. I can ssh with a common user to all the servers from a build box. Basic idea what I had was: ssh <commonuser>@<each box> cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhichadaga
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh user@server ' cd path;j=0; for i in *;do;d=`du -sh $i | awk '{print( $1 )}'`;p=$d'|'$i;j=`expr $

Please help me to resolve below the issue in script ssh user@server ' cd path;j=0; for i in *;do;d=`du -sh $i | \ awk '{print( $1 )}'`;p=$d'|'$i;j=`expr $j + 1 `;arr=$p;echo ${arr};done' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAUD PASHA
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down remote files and rename them to include the server name with full path

I need to pull down a good bit of files for another support team for an upgrade project. I have a server.list with all of the server names. I need to do two parts: FIRST: I have this example, but it does not list the server name in front of each line. #! /bin/bash for server in $(<... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission to Oracle server to create a directory in a particular path

i need to give permission to ORACLE SERVER to create a directory in a particular path. How to do it?Oracle server is installed on SOLARIS (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait for file to get copied in server path and then proceed

Hi, I have a requirement to create below script: Script must run infinitely in background. It will check a particular type of file to be copied in specific folder of server Script must wait till any file gets fully copied ..(important) and then It will read that file Experts please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikash163
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to access file path from another server?

Hi there, Say I have Server A and B, how do I configure A with path aaa/bbb/ccc to be able to access by Server B with aaa/bbb/ccc/<content> (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
9 Replies
MicroMason::TemplatePath(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     MicroMason::TemplatePath(3pm)

NAME
Text::MicroMason::TemplatePath - Template Path Searching SYNOPSIS
Instead of using this class directly, pass its name to be mixed in: use Text::MicroMason; my $mason = Text::MicroMason->new( -TemplatePath, template_path => [ '/foo', '/bar' ] ); Use the standard compile and execute methods to parse and evalute templates: print $mason->compile( file=>$filepath )->( 'name'=>'Dave' ); print $mason->execute( file=>$filepath, 'name'=>'Dave' ); Templates stored in files are searched for in the specified template_path: print $mason->execute( file=>"includes/greeting.msn", 'name'=>'Charles'); When including other files into a template you can use relative paths: <& ../includes/greeting.msn, name => 'Alice' &> When a file is included in the template, the including template's current directory is added to the beginning of the template search path. DESCRIPTION
This module works similarly to the related TemplateDir mix-in. However, instead of specifying a single root which must contain all templates, TemplatePath allows you to specify an arrayref of directories which will be searched in order whenever a template filename must be resolved. Using a TemplatePath object, absolute filenames are used as-is. If a relative template filenames or file paths is used, every directory in the specified template_path is checked for the existence of the template, and the first existing template file is used. If a template includes another template using <& ... &>, then the including template's location is added to the beginning of the template search path list, for the resolution of the included template's filename. This allows the included template to be specified relative to the including template, but also lets the template search fall back to the configured template search path if necessary. Supported Attributes template_path An array ref containing a list of directories in which to search for relative template filenames. strict_root Optional directory beyond which not to read files. Unlike TemplateDir, this must be a specific file path. Causes read_file to croak if any filename outside of the root is provided. You should make sure that all paths specified in template_path are inside the specified strict_root. (Note that this is not a chroot jail and only affects attempts to load a file as a template; for greater security see the chroot() builtin and Text::MicroMason::Safe.) Private Methods read_file Intercepts file access to check for strict_root. EXCEPTIONS The following additional exceptions are generated by Text::MicroMason::TemplatePath when appropriate: o Text::MicroMason::TemplatePath: template '%s' not found in path. This indicates that the specified template name does not exist in any of the directories in the configured path. o Text::MicroMason::TemplatePath: Template not in required base path '%s' The template found in the configured template path was not within the configured strict_root directory. This may be caused by requesting an absolute template filename not within strict_root, or by specifying a strict_root which does not match the configured template path. SEE ALSO
For an overview of this templating framework, see Text::MicroMason. This is a mixin class intended for use with Text::MicroMason::Base. For distribution, installation, support, copyright and license information, see Text::MicroMason::Docs::ReadMe. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-27 MicroMason::TemplatePath(3pm)