Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Linux Redhat ES 4.0 - DNS Config Issues Post 302071868 by AbhijithS on Tuesday 25th of April 2006 09:02:43 AM
Old 04-25-2006
Error Linux Redhat ES 4.0 - DNS Config Issues

Hello all,

I've a very strange thing hapenning in my Sys, I've configured the IP, DNS eveything for my internat connection, but Im only able to browse Redhat.com websites.

I cant open anyother site!!! Smilie

Im sure the internet is configured 'coz it displays the list of avail updates for the OS from Redhat.com.

I'm not using any proxy and I've cheked the Lan setting inside firefox.

Any help?!?

Thanks.

Rgds,
Abhi Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DHCP DNS Config

I'm running Solaris 9 and I need my box to request it's DNS servers off a DHCP server - can I do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jdogg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dns issues

Just recently we have been having some dns issues. Some websites won't work i.e. (www.msn.com, aimexpress.aim.com...) I have manually put A records in my named.db file and in the hosts file to try to get it to work but still they do not work. I have looked up updating my named.ca file for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickyt00
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat DNS Entry

I have a installed Redhat Linux v5 on a new HP Pavillon PC. It has a dual boot with Vista. Booting from Vista, I can connect to the internet. However with Redhat I cannot connect to the internet. I looked at the /etc/resolv.conf file in Redhat and there is no DNS entry there. From where do I... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
28 Replies

4. IP Networking

DNS Cache-Only Config Advice

Hi Chaps and Chappettes, I've had a short period of time recently to learn and implement DNS cache-only in our organisation. Trouble is, according to my tcpdumps, the amount of traffic on port 53 has increased. This is of course the exact opposit of the desired effect. Would y'all mind looking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danny.hudson
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

DNS for linux RedHat

Dear members, I am trying to set up a simple DNS but the problem is that when I ping the name of the IP address in the Reverse file, it does not recognise it. My code are as follows: Note that my IP address is 172.22.45.237. In my /etc/named.conf file, I have added the following lines ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shakshakshuk
10 Replies

7. IP Networking

Configuring DNS Server in Linux Redhat

Can someone help with a detail step-by-step oh how to configure DNS server on Linux Server. - I need to have 3 IP addresses map to a single hostname. for clients I'm a Linux rookie. Thanks Oscar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrankOscar
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat Linux GUI Issues

hi all i have installed Windows 7 first. then i installed linux on dual partations... i am booting both of them through dual boot... but when i start linux its only working well with CUI, when i used commands like startx or changed the initd to 5 then its loading the GUI interface of RedHat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nikhil Dethe
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

DNS config preventing mail delivery

Hi Please can you help on this: the Net Admins decided to use DNS to resolve names, so this is preventing mail being delivered when using commands like date | mailx -s "test" abc.xyz@asdf.xx.yy. What we were asked was to edit /etc/resolv.confand add 3 entries, in all servers (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

10. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)

NAME
git-web--browse - git helper script to launch a web browser SYNOPSIS
git web--browse [OPTIONS] URL/FILE ... DESCRIPTION
This script tries, as much as possible, to display the URLs and FILEs that are passed as arguments, as HTML pages in new tabs on an already opened web browser. The following browsers (or commands) are currently supported: o firefox (this is the default under X Window when not using KDE) o iceweasel o seamonkey o iceape o chromium (also supported as chromium-browser) o google-chrome (also supported as chrome) o konqueror (this is the default under KDE, see Note about konqueror below) o opera o w3m (this is the default outside graphical environments) o elinks o links o lynx o dillo o open (this is the default under Mac OS X GUI) o start (this is the default under MinGW) Custom commands may also be specified. OPTIONS
-b <browser>, --browser=<browser> Use the specified browser. It must be in the list of supported browsers. -t <browser>, --tool=<browser> Same as above. -c <conf.var>, --config=<conf.var> CONF.VAR is looked up in the git config files. If it's set, then its value specifies the browser that should be used. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CONF.VAR (from -c option) and web.browser The web browser can be specified using a configuration variable passed with the -c (or --config) command line option, or the web.browser configuration variable if the former is not used. browser.<tool>.path You can explicitly provide a full path to your preferred browser by setting the configuration variable browser.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to firefox by setting browser.firefox.path. Otherwise, git web--browse assumes the tool is available in PATH. browser.<tool>.cmd When the browser, specified by options or configuration variables, is not among the supported ones, then the corresponding browser.<tool>.cmd configuration variable will be looked up. If this variable exists then git web--browse will treat the specified tool as a custom command and will use a shell eval to run the command with the URLs passed as arguments. NOTE ABOUT KONQUEROR
When konqueror is specified by a command line option or a configuration variable, we launch kfmclient to try to open the HTML man page on an already opened konqueror in a new tab if possible. For consistency, we also try such a trick if browser.konqueror.path is set to something like A_PATH_TO/konqueror. That means we will try to launch A_PATH_TO/kfmclient instead. If you really want to use konqueror, then you can use something like the following: [web] browser = konq [browser "konq"] cmd = A_PATH_TO/konqueror Note about git-config --global Note that these configuration variables should probably be set using the --global flag, for example like this: $ git config --global web.browser firefox as they are probably more user specific than repository specific. See git-config(1) for more information about this. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)