Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: if and sed statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if and sed statement Post 302071778 by vgersh99 on Monday 24th of April 2006 01:40:23 PM
Old 04-24-2006
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

prefix='www.google.com'

sed "/^\//s/^/${prefix}/" myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables within a sed statement

I am just wondering if it's possible to refer to variables within a sed statement as follows:- cat $file | sed -e 1's/$oldtext/$newtext/' > $file as when I run the script, the variables are not recognised and nothing happens..?? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirtrancealot
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove statement

I am having some problems with sed, that I am hoping that I can get some assistance with. I am trying to remove two subsets of a string, and cannot figure out how to have it work. Here is an example string: auth_ldap authenticate: user joe authentication failed; URI /svn/ I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guyverix
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Case statement/sed command

The file dbnames.txt has 5 columns, what i'm trying to do is that when the fifth column equals A, store in the variable "access" the word, "admin access". If it equals B, then "business access" etc. I think their is a problem with my sed command, because it is not substibstituting the words... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ross_one
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / grep / for statement performance - please help

I'm searching the most effective way of doing the following task, so if someone can either provide a working solution with sed or one totally different but more effective then what I've got so far then please go ahead! The debugme directory has 3 subdirectorys and each of them has one .txt file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A complex sed statement

I have following requirement. Say, my text file contains following patterns {2010501005|XXGpvertex|9|0|17|0|{|{30100001|XXparameter_set|@@@@{{30001002|XXparameter|!prototype_path|$AB_COMPONENTS/Sort/Sort.mpc|3|2|Pf$|@{0|}} }}@0|@315000|78500|335000|99000|114000|87000|17|And the Sort|Ab... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition and for loop within sed statement

Hi, I tried to go through a lot of online material but could not find concrete solution. My issues is like this : I've got a input file like this : <a> <startDate>19700101000000</startDate> <endDate>20300101000000</endDate> </a> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed if statement to see if file exists

Is there an easy way of checking for the existence of a file that ends with the extension .order and if it exists do something? if not do nothing (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else statement in sed

Hello Guys, I am new here and this is my first post, hope someone can help me I am writing a script that is supposed to go in 9 different directories and edit a given file in each of the directories. I am using sed to edit the file as sed -i 'line# s/#to be changed/#to be replaced with/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madiouma Ndiaye
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed within awk statement

input | Jan 8 2018 11:28PM| 24 | 75 | 51 | 1 | 1.600| | Jan 8 2018 12:01PM| 52 | 823 | 21 | 6 | 2.675| desired output Jan-8-2018-11:28PM 24 75 51 1 1.600 Jan-8-2018-12:01PM 52 823 21 6 2.675 Dear friends, I have input file , as shown above and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
10 Replies
DIALTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       DIALTEST(8)

NAME
dialtest - HylaFAX dial string processing rules test program SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dialtest [ options ] dialrules DESCRIPTION
dialtest is an interactive program for the testing and development of dial string processing rules used by HylaFAX. dialtest reads the file of rules specified on the command line and then prompts for a dial string. For each string typed in, dialtest prints the result of applying the canonicalization and dial-string preparation rule sets. A rule set whose name is setname can be specified by typing ``set- name(string)''; for example, ``CanonicalName(+1.415.965.7824)''. Note that dialtest reads the rules file only when it is initially started up. This means that dialtest must be restarted for it to apply changes to a rules file. OPTIONS
-a code Use code as the value of AreaCode in the rules file. The default area code is ``415''. -c code Use code as the value of CountryCode in the rules file. The default country code is ``1''. -i prefix Use prefix as the value of InternationalPrefix in the rules file. The default international dialing prefix is ``011''. -l prefix Use prefix as the value of LongDistancePrefix in the rules file. The default long distance dialing prefix is ``1''. -q Be quiet, suppressing most all output except for the actual results. This is useful for using dialtest in an automated fashion. -v Print each input line before displaying the results of applying the dial string rules to the input string. This can be useful, for example, in shell scripts. SEE ALSO
dialrules(5) March 3, 1995 DIALTEST(8)