Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tape drive
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers tape drive Post 302071725 by tayyabq8 on Monday 24th of April 2006 05:46:46 AM
Old 04-24-2006
Try to list the contents of tape with following commands:

CPIO:
Code:
#cpio -ict < /dev/rStp0

TAR:
Code:
#tar tvf < /dev/rStp0

and post the results.

regrds,
Tayyab

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape drive install

I'm trying to install a tape drive on a compaq SCO OS 505. well I have gone through the mkdev tape comands and what have you yet no luck. when I reboot and do a simple tape rewind it gives me an error no such device etc.etc. IS there a diference in the xct0 and rct0 a the default? help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
2 Replies

2. Linux

Installing tape drive?

Hello. I have Redhat 8.0 on a laptop. Working good. I wanted to install the tape drive that is physically attached to it. The tape drive worked fine under Windows98SE. It's one of those parallel QIC-80 drives and I confirmed that it is supported by FTape. It appears that FTape might already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuralTurtle
0 Replies

3. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

4. SCO

Tape Drive Configuration

Dear All, I have a tape drive which has worked for offer 3yrs properly on SCO Openserver Release = 3.2v5.0.5. I tried to clean it all invain. I did a fresh installation of unix of the same OS and did the configuration still didn't bear fruits. The tape is a scsi and the configuration is as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njoroge
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

6. SCO

Tape Drive Logs?

I've recently been tasked with "refurbishing" an HP Proliant ML370 running SCO 5.0...something. This is primarily used for legacy support and is kept on a shelf for safe keeping. The scope of work includes hardware diagnostics and blowing the dust out. I have run HP diagnostics on the array,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: v1corp
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quantum tape drive

Hi, Using Redhat 5.7. I have Quantum tape drive connected to the server. I am trying to install the Netbackup software. Just wondering how can I see the Quantum is connected to the server. is any command I run to see the tape drive is connected? I used to work on Solaris, I used to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)