Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple Command (head) Question Post 302071694 by jbud on Sunday 23rd of April 2006 09:16:41 PM
Old 04-23-2006
Ahh got it now, thanks Smilie I had tried it once before but did not use the {}'s correctly so could not figure it out. Thanks again for the help!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SImple command question

Does anyone know the command to get the date CREATED for a file? This is driving me berserk. Windows has it. But I cannnnnnot remeber what it is in UNIX! Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabeticus
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple 'head' question

I'm sorry, but the example in the man pages was no help. I know head -5 fileName will give you the first 5 lines of the file but how do you get like the 6th-13th lines only or one line before the end of the file? Sorry I just started learning the basics..... =( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terms5
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

head command

Hi All, How can the head command be used to extract only a particular line. By default head -n filename displays the first n lines. I want only the nth line. I couldn't get it from forum search. Thanks, Sumesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The cut command. Really simple question!

hi, sorry for asking what I am sure is a really easy question, I am wanting to cut the users real name from the output of 'finger'. $ cut -f2-3 filename is in my script but it only seems to cut the first line. I need to cut the 2nd and 3rd word from each line and store them in variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question abt Copy command.

Hi ! All This is very simple question.... How to write a 'cp' command interative. Example : cp /wlsuite/om/cm/Tools/deploy_scripts/*.xml ${INF_ROOT}/tmp | echo "" || echo " Pls investigate ..." My intent was > to copy the files. > CP fails... then let know the user. pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alternative for head command

Hi friends,I am new to unix and this is really a dummy question.but please help me out. How to simulate head command without using head command??? also tail command too,also more command. it is given as a homework to do....please tell me how to do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff/head - not sure if this is the right command to use

Hi, I need some advise on whether there is a better way of doing what I am currently planning to do. Perhaps I should be using arrays instead of re-directing output to files? I need to use a tool/program named ADRCI provided by Oracle to remove trace files that it generates. Honestly it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

9. Linux

A simple question about mail command

Simple question: i read mail n°4,how to return to list of messages? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies
DELPHFIG(3)						      MBK PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS						       DELPHFIG(3)

NAME
delphfig - delete and free a physical figure ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mph.h" int delphfig(figname) char *figname; PARAMETER
figname Name of the figure to be deleted DESCRIPTION
delphfig deletes the figure called figname from the list of physical figure in memory. All the lists of elements belonging to the figure are also deleted and freed. RETURN VALUE
delphfig returns 1 if the figure was delete, and 0 if no figure called figname was present in memory. EXAMPLE
#include "mph.h" void delete_na2_y() { if (delphfig("na2_y")) (void)fputs("deleted na2_y successfully", stdout); else (void)fputs("na2_y not present in ram !", stdout); } SEE ALSO
mbk(1), phfig(3), addphfig(3), getphfig(3), loadphfig(3), savephfig(3), flattenphfig(3), rflattenphfig(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 DELPHFIG(3)