Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple Command (head) Question Post 302071691 by zazzybob on Sunday 23rd of April 2006 08:51:12 PM
Old 04-23-2006
Look at the -exec part of the man page....

Cheers
ZB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SImple command question

Does anyone know the command to get the date CREATED for a file? This is driving me berserk. Windows has it. But I cannnnnnot remeber what it is in UNIX! Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabeticus
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple 'head' question

I'm sorry, but the example in the man pages was no help. I know head -5 fileName will give you the first 5 lines of the file but how do you get like the 6th-13th lines only or one line before the end of the file? Sorry I just started learning the basics..... =( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terms5
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

head command

Hi All, How can the head command be used to extract only a particular line. By default head -n filename displays the first n lines. I want only the nth line. I couldn't get it from forum search. Thanks, Sumesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The cut command. Really simple question!

hi, sorry for asking what I am sure is a really easy question, I am wanting to cut the users real name from the output of 'finger'. $ cut -f2-3 filename is in my script but it only seems to cut the first line. I need to cut the 2nd and 3rd word from each line and store them in variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorey_breaker
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question abt Copy command.

Hi ! All This is very simple question.... How to write a 'cp' command interative. Example : cp /wlsuite/om/cm/Tools/deploy_scripts/*.xml ${INF_ROOT}/tmp | echo "" || echo " Pls investigate ..." My intent was > to copy the files. > CP fails... then let know the user. pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alternative for head command

Hi friends,I am new to unix and this is really a dummy question.but please help me out. How to simulate head command without using head command??? also tail command too,also more command. it is given as a homework to do....please tell me how to do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff/head - not sure if this is the right command to use

Hi, I need some advise on whether there is a better way of doing what I am currently planning to do. Perhaps I should be using arrays instead of re-directing output to files? I need to use a tool/program named ADRCI provided by Oracle to remove trace files that it generates. Honestly it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

9. Linux

A simple question about mail command

Simple question: i read mail n°4,how to return to list of messages? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies
TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)							 1							  TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)

tidy::head - Returns atidyNodeobject starting from the <head> tag of the tidy parse tree

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
tidyNode tidy::head (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style tidyNode tidy_get_head (tidy $object) Returns a tidyNode object starting from the <head> tag of the tidy parse tree. PARAMETERS
o $object - The Tidy object. RETURN VALUES
Returns the tidyNode object. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tidy_get_head(3) example <?php $html = ' <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>paragraph</p> </body> </html>'; $tidy = tidy_parse_string($html); $head = $tidy->head(); echo $head->value; ?> The above example will output: <head> <title>test</title> </head> NOTES
Note This function is only available with Zend Engine 2 (PHP >= 5.0.0). SEE ALSO
tidy.body(3), tidy.html(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)