Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hdds physically
Operating Systems HP-UX hdds physically Post 302071577 by Awadhesh on Saturday 22nd of April 2006 01:02:19 AM
Old 04-22-2006
MySQL Hi

Here is Steps,

#ioscan -fnCdisk
the disk will displayed as /dev/dsk/c#t#d#
identify the disk which you need to check
use dd command to identify the disk as well as check for bad blocks
#dd if=/dev/dsk/c#t#d# of=/dev/null bs=512 (The disk will start blinking once i/o operations will start)

Regards,

Awadhesh

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check if rsc is physically exist

I have a bunch of servers that cant connect via rsc, but supposingly they can connect... Any chance I can check if the rsc card is physically exist in the server by some command? Some of the machines are in overseas, and I won't go datacenter to check anyways... Many Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicole0404
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Physically identify hard disk.

Hi, I have a failed hard disk in my Sun Fire V240. Unfortunately it does not show up in 'cfgadm -al' or in the format command so I cannot unconfigure it and illuminate the blue light on the front to identify it. Is there any way of iluminating the blue lights on the other disks so I can at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SPARC T4-1/Solaris 11/Add 2 new HDDs in RAID 0 configuration

Hi, Couple of sentences for background: I'm a software developer, whose task was to create a server software for our customer. Software is ready for deployment and customer has a new T4-1 SPARC, but somehow it also became my task also to setup the server. I have managed to get the server is up... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
13 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX 5.2 cloning Hdds

I have an old IBM Power 5 9111-520 that has data on it but the system is failing. I need to move it to a more reliable server. The current system has two drives and no raid. I would like to setup my "newer" system with raid and two partitions then clone my setup over. What is the best way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BDC80
2 Replies
tpm_setpresence(8)					      System Manager's Manual						tpm_setpresence(8)

TPM Management - tpm_setpresence

NAME
tpm_setpresence- change TPM physical presence states or settings SYNOPSIS
tpm_setpresence [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
tpm_setpresence reports the status of the TPM's flags regarding physical presence. This is the default behavior and also accessible via the --status option. Requesting a report of this status prompts for the owner password. The --assert option changes the TPM to the physically present state. The --clear option changes the TPM to the not present state. The --lock option locks the TPM to the current physical presence state for the current boot cycle. The --enable-cmd option allows the TPM to accept local commands to toggle physical presence states. The --disable-cmd option prevents the TPM from accepting local commands to toggle physical presence states. The --enable- hw option allows the TPM to accept hardware signals to toggle physical presence states. The --disable-hw option prevents the TPM from accepting hardware signals to toggle physical presence states. The --set-lifetime-lock option locks the Command and Hardware enablement flags in their current state permenantly. This option can never be undone. The system will attempt to use the owner password to display the current states before preceding unless the --yes option is given to answer yes to all questions. All changes are made with the TSC_Physical Presence API. -h, --help Display command usage info. -v, --version Display command version info. -l, --log [none|error|info|debug] Set logging level. -u, --unicode Use TSS UNICODE encoding for passwords to comply with applications using TSS popup boxes -a, --assert Assert that an admin is physically present at the machine. -c, --clear Remove the assertion that an admin is physically present at the machine. --lock Lock the assertions of physical presence in there current states until a reboot. --enable-cmd Allow use of commands to signal an admin is physically present. --disable-cmd Disallow use of commands to signal an admin is physically present. --enable-hw Allow use of hardware signals to signal an admin is physically present. --disable-hw Disallow use of hardware signals to signal an admin is physically present. --set-lifetime-lock Allow no further changes to the flags controling how physical presence can be signaled. This is PERMANENT. -y, --yes Answer yes to all questions. Only applicable with --set-lifetime-lock. -z, --well-known Authenticate using 20 bytes of zeros as owner password (the default TSS Well Known Secret), instead of prompting for an owner password. SEE ALSO
tpm_version(1), tpm_setenable(8), tpm_setactive(8), tpm_setownable(8), tcsd(8) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <trousers-users@lists.sourceforge.net> TPM Management 2005-05-06 tpm_setpresence(8)