Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle cluster management
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Oracle cluster management Post 302071575 by Perderabo on Friday 21st of April 2006 11:12:35 PM
Old 04-22-2006
HP has a GUI program called sam that can do much of that.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

swap management with oracle

Hi All, How do I manage swap memory of solaris 8-9-10 with oracle application? Is it separate management with system and application? Any idea or links will do or books recommendation. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris : Web Based Management tools and Sun Cluster installation

Gurus, I have several questions : 1. Does Solaris 10/OpenSolaris has some kind of web based management tools ? Currently I am using WebMin. It worked fine, however I am very curious to use the tools provided by Sun Microsystem. Please advise for package name and how to activate.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Veritas Cluster Server Management Console IP Failover

I have just completed a first RTFM of "Veritas Cluster Server Management Console Implementation Guide" 5.1, with a view to assessing it to possibly make our working lives easier. Unfortunately, at my organisation, getting a test installation would be worse than pulling teeth, so I can't just go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beast Of Bodmin
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Cluster and Oracle database

Hi, I am using Oracle 10gR2 on Solaris 10. I have two machines which are part of sun cluster. This is active-passive cluster. Node 1 is active and the Node 2 is passive. Both Node 1 and Node 2 are connected to separate SANs. Both nodes have separate databases. On both nodes, the database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Shutdown Oracle DB on SunOS Cluster

Hi, I've this Oracle database version: Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production Oracle is install in a SunOS DBSERVER1 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4v cluster (Not RAC environment) DBSERVER1 is node active and DBSERVER2 is node inactive ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: db_senior
4 Replies
ocfs2_hb_ctl(8) 						OCFS2 Manual Pages						   ocfs2_hb_ctl(8)

NAME
ocfs2_hb_ctl - Starts and stops the OCFS2 heartbeat on a given device. SYNOPSIS
ocfs2_hb_ctl -S -d device service ocfs2_hb_ctl -S -u uuid service ocfs2_hb_ctl -K -d device service ocfs2_hb_ctl -K -u uuid service ocfs2_hb_ctl -I -d device ocfs2_hb_ctl -I -u uuid ocfs2_hb_ctl -P -d device [-n io_priority] ocfs2_hb_ctl -P -u uuid [-n io_priority] ocfs2_hb_ctl -h DESCRIPTION
ocfs2_hb_ctl starts and stops the heartbeat on a OCFS2 device. Users are strongly urged not to use this tool directly. It is automatically invoked by mount.ocfs2 and other tools that require heartbeat notifications. The tools accepts devices to be specified by its name or its uuid. Service denotes the application that is requesting the heartbeat notifi- cation. OPTIONS
-S Starts the heartbeat. -K Stops the heartbeat. -I Prints the heartbeat reference counts for that heartbeat region. -d Specify region by device name. -u Specify region by device uuid. -n Adjust IO priority for the heartbeat thread. This option calls the ionice tool to set its IO scheduling class to realtime with scheduling class data as provided. This option is usable only with the O2CB cluster stack. -h Displays help and exit. SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) debugfs.ocfs2(8) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.4.3 February 2010 ocfs2_hb_ctl(8)