Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to submit cron jobs?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to submit cron jobs? Post 302071543 by DogDay on Friday 21st of April 2006 12:05:35 PM
Old 04-21-2006
just have your perl script check to see if it is already running. if so then don't run.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cron Jobs

whats up, Have some questions about cron jobs, I am fairly new to the unix os. My cronjob sends all output to my mail, does anyone know how to redirect output to come out on the screen??? Thanks...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewisoco
6 Replies

2. Linux

cron jobs

I created a php script. I'd like to have it run as a cron job every day at 10:30am. So i added 30 10 * * * /script.php to the cron file Is it possible to run the script on the command line to test it out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs...

I need to start a job every friday night at 8:00 P.M , it runs all the day on Sat and Sun....can somebody tell me how to do this...I understand crontab...but haven't used it.........can u write some steps.....how to create a file and call.....I honestly dont know? Plz help.Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

4. Solaris

cron jobs

how to Put a cron entry which should be same script triggered on every Saturday and 1st of every month at 01.00 GMT. 0 2 1 * 6 --( At 2.00 GMT every sat & on 1st of every month) the above syntax is correct? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron jobs

Hi, We have a group of hosts using which the cron jobs are submitted... Few days ago i had submitted a cron job in of these hosts, but unfortunately forgot the host name :( Can anyone please help me out in finding this host name from which the cron s submitting the job, i dont want the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavanisree
2 Replies

6. Linux

Cron jobs

Hi, I am a Linux administrator (newbie) in my company. The distro being used in the servers here is Centos 5.3 Just need to know, as a Linux administrator is it better for me to use /etc/crontab to set my cron jobs. I do not want to use the crontab -e to schedule my cron jobs. That means... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron jobs

Hi, please help on this am trying to exec the below mentioned cron jobs but its getting failed fro the past two days ###but when am trying to execte the cron by the times 23,29 18 * * * /export/home/inrvgo/thelak/China.sh its getting exec properly please help on this #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cron jobs

I'm running cronjobs on a redhat 5.X. Cronjobs are getting failed frequently so how to find the root cause (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Jobs

How to see which cron jobs are not running? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul.raj1989
2 Replies
Test::Script(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Script(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3pm)