Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Segmentation Fault
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Segmentation Fault Post 302071509 by blowtorch on Friday 21st of April 2006 08:01:02 AM
Old 04-21-2006
Good question. Remember that when you work with an array of size 5 in C, you have locations array[0]...array[4].

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

2. Programming

segmentation fault

ive written my code in C for implementation of a simple lexical analyser using singly linked list hence am making use of dynamic allocation,but when run in linux it gives a segmentation fault is it cause of the malloc function that ive made use of????any suggestions as to what i could do??? thank... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockgal
8 Replies

3. AIX

Segmentation fault

Hi , During execution a backup binary i get following error "Program error 11 (Segmentation fault), saving core file in '/usr/datatools" Riyaz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rshaikh
2 Replies

4. Programming

Why not a segmentation fault??

Hi, Why I don't receive a segmentation fault in the following sample. int main(void) { char buff; sprintf(buff,"Hello world"); printf("%s\n",buff); } If I define a buffer of 10 elements and I'm trying to put inside it twelve elements, Should I receive a sigsev... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
22 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

6. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

7. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Segmentation Fault

this is a network programming code to run a rock paper scissors in a client and server. I completed it and it was working without any error. After I added the findWinner function to the server code it starts giving me segmentation fault. -the segmentation fault is fixed Current problem -Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
3 Replies

9. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
std::gslice(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    std::gslice(3)

NAME
std::gslice - SYNOPSIS
Public Member Functions gslice () gslice (size_t __o, const valarray< size_t > &__l, const valarray< size_t > &__s) gslice (const gslice &) ~gslice () gslice & operator= (const gslice &) valarray< size_t > size () const size_t start () const valarray< size_t > stride () const Friends template<typename _Tp > class valarray Detailed Description Class defining multi-dimensional subset of an array. The slice class represents a multi-dimensional subset of an array, specified by three parameter sets: start offset, size array, and stride array. The start offset is the index of the first element of the array that is part of the subset. The size and stride array describe each dimension of the slice. Size is the number of elements in that dimension, and stride is the distance in the array between successive elements in that dimension. Each dimension's size and stride is taken to begin at an array element described by the previous dimension. The size array and stride array must be the same size. For example, if you have offset==3, stride[0]==11, size[1]==3, stride[1]==3, then slice[0,0]==array[3], slice[0,1]==array[6], slice[0,2]==array[9], slice[1,0]==array[14], slice[1,1]==array[17], slice[1,2]==array[20]. Definition at line 64 of file gslice.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Jun 10 2014 std::gslice(3)