Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date-extraction from a file in KSH Post 302071381 by vino on Wednesday 19th of April 2006 03:03:08 AM
Old 04-19-2006
Bumping up questions is against the rules.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on file extraction

Hello, Im trying to extract a portion of a big file. Using unique pattern /occurrence , (ex. loginname1,logoff and loginname2,logoff ), I like to print the lines that contain the patterns and the lines between them. Also, create a file for every login occurrence. Thanks for everyone's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report file extraction based on Date range

Hi all, Iam writing a script, which will extract all the files from Start_Date to End_Date. Files are date stamped as YYYYMMDD. For ex: Start_Date='20051001' End_Date='20060331' extract files such as........ ramp_20050810.rpt ramp_20050915.rpt ramp_20051001.rpt ramp_20051010.rpt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get previous date from date command in ksh

I want to get previous date from date command. I am using ksh shell. Exmp: today is 2008.09.04 I want the result : 2008.09.03 Please help. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time range extraction via Awk or analysis script?

Hello does anyone know of an awk that will extract log file entries between a specific date and time range, eg: awk '/15\/Dec\/2010:16:10:00/, /15\/Dec\/2010:16:15:00/' access_log but one that works? Or a free command line log file analysis tool/script? I'd like to be able to view... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: competitions
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get 60 days Old date from current date in KSH script

Hi i am writing a cron job. so for it i need the 60 days old date form current date in variable. Like today date is 27 jan 2011 then output value will be stote in variable in formet Nov 27. i am using EST date, and tried lot of solution and see lot of post but it did not helpful for me. so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Extraction

Hi, I have three files as below: AA.DAT20110505063903.Z AA.DAT20110405062903.Z AA.DAT20110305061903.Z All the above files are appended with Date and timestamp in compressed format. I need to extract AA.DAT20110505063903.Z(which is the latest file) from one server and uncompress it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh compare dates INSIDE a file (ie date A is > date B)

In KSH, I am pasting 2 almost identical files together and each one has a date and time on each line. I need to determine if the first instance of the date/time is greater than the 2nd instance of the date/time. If the first instance is greater, I just need to echo that line. I thought I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to convert date into no. using date -d +%s syntax in ksh shell

hi friends, I m trying to write a script which compares to dates. for this i am converting dates into no using synatx as below v2=`date | awk '{print $2,$3,$4}'` v3=`date +%s -d "$v2"` this syntax is working in bash shell ,but fails in ksh shell. please suggest on this. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders My files are located in UNIX Server, i want to extract file_id and file_name from each file .and save it in a CSV file. How do I do that? I have folders in unix environment, directory structure is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print start date to end date, given $1 & $2 in ksh

Dear all, I have an user passing 2 parameter 31/03/2015 and 02/04/2015 to a ksh script. How to print the start date to end date. Expected output is : 31/03/2015 01/04/2015 02/04/2015 Note : 1. Im using aix and ksh 2. I have tried to convert the given input into a date, didnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.rajaravi
0 Replies
CURL_ESCAPE(3)								 1							    CURL_ESCAPE(3)

curl_escape - URL encodes the given string

SYNOPSIS
string curl_escape (resource $ch, string $str) DESCRIPTION
This function URL encodes the given string according to RFC 3986. PARAMETERS
o $ch -A cURL handle returned by curl_init(3). o $str - The string to be encoded. RETURN VALUES
Returns escaped string or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 curl_escape(3) example <?php // Create a curl handle $ch = curl_init(); // Escape a string used as a GET parameter $location = curl_escape($ch, 'Hofbrauhaus / Munchen'); // Result: Hofbr%C3%A4uhaus%20%2F%20M%C3%BCnchen // Compose an URL with the escaped string $url = "http://example.com/add_location.php?location={$location}"; // Result: http://example.com/add_location.php?location=Hofbr%C3%A4uhaus%20%2F%20M%C3%BCnchen // Send HTTP request and close the handle curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); ?> SEE ALSO
curl_unescape(3), urlencode(3), rawurlencode(3), RFC 3986. PHP Documentation Group CURL_ESCAPE(3)