Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX URGENT: UNIX FTP cannot find path error Post 302071342 by Perderabo on Saturday 15th of April 2006 09:54:43 AM
Old 04-15-2006
On Windows, you specify a path as /directory1/directory2/file or whatever. You do not specify a drive letter. It will default to some drive. You cannot access other lettered drives. If you default to C:, you are stuck there. At least, I have never found a way to do it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from unix to windows - urgent help required

I'm trying to ftp from a Unix machine to a Windows machine.. I've tried the following #!/bin/sh #set -x USER="user1" PASS="pass1" HOSTNAME="host1" ftp -n -i -v $HOSTNAME << EOT user $USER $PASS cd / send text1.txt close bye EOT When I try to run this, I get prompted for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_sal_manu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why cant i find my ftp directories in the unix structure

Hi, I'm new here so hello to everyone...i'm also new to linux/unix but got my first dedicated server about 2 weeks ago and have been using ssh to configure it on ubuntu linux. I have a question about something i can't work out....if i use ftp to transfer files ( php, html, javascript files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elduderino
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a path within unix root directory

I need to know whether nyfile/mypath exists on the file system in the root directory. How to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find unix path to a file?

I know this is very newbie ... but I need help determining the proper file path to file...Have no idea how to do this I'm on a Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard thanks very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmarc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path.

I have the following FTP embedded in a Ksh script on AIX 5.3 ftp -n <<WHATEVER open 10.101.26.218 user hcistats ******* ascii put $thupdatefile put $thcollectfile quit WHATEVER Here is what my script returns: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace Path in UNIX

Hi All, How can i find and replace the one path to another path with in the file. For Example: Search_path=/search/path replace_path=/replace/path I used the following command but not usefull, please help me regarding the same. sed 's_/search/path_/replace/path_' file_name >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsyed.dw
6 Replies
SDL::Cdrom(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SDL::Cdrom(3)

NAME
SDL::Cdrom - a SDL perl extension for managing CD-ROM drives SYNOPSIS
use SDL::Cdrom; $cdrom = SDL::Cdrom->new(0); $cdrom->play(); EXPORTS
o "CD_NUM_DRIVES". DESCRIPTION
Create a new SDL::Cdrom object. The passed $id is the number of the drive, whereas 0 is the first drive etc. use SDL::Cdrom; my $drive => SDL::Cdrom->new($id); METHODS
CD_NUM_DRIVES() Returns the number of CD-ROM drives present. name() Returns the system dependent name of the CD-ROM device. status() Return the status of the drive. play() Play a track. pause() Pause the playing. resume() Resume the playing. stop() Stop the playing. eject() Eject the medium in the drive. id() Return the ID of the drive. num_tracks() Return the number of tracks on the medium. track() Returns the track description current() Return the current played track number. current_frame() Return the current frame. AUTHORS
David J. Goehrig Documentation by Tels <http://bloodgate.com/>. SEE ALSO
perl SDL::Mixer SDL::App. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 SDL::Cdrom(3)