Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris cannot find boot device and won't boot off cdrom Post 302071017 by qpaujor on Tuesday 11th of April 2006 11:23:37 AM
Old 04-11-2006
how did you fixed it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from external cdrom

Could some one please tell the command used to boot from an external SCSI cdrom drive? from PROM level. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't boot from cdrom at ok prompt

I want to install Solaris 9 on SUN ULTRA 10. The cdrom is attached to an ide controller. The server is currently running Solaris 2.6 I insert Solaris cd 1 of 2 and at the ok prompt I type boot cdrom i get the error below Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f file and args:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Msororaji
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Boot from cdrom

i am having a problem when trying to boot from cdrom. I received the below message system is not bootable, boot command is disabledfound how can i fix this. also what is the key combination on ordinary keyboard for STOP+A. Is it ctrl+break? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

4. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

5. Solaris

not able to boot from cdrom

Hi all am trying to boot the system from cdrom in single user mode , however when i am giving command boot cdrom -s i am getting below error Boot Device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0: f file and args: Can't read disk label Can't open disk label package can,t open boot device ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
17 Replies

6. Solaris

can't boot cdrom

iam traying to install o/s in spark machine it showing error ok >boot cdrom is showing error short disk read failed to read superblock the file just loaded does not appear to excutable how to solve this can u help me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Boot cdrom - install

Hi community, Does anyone can tell me the difference between "boot cdrom" and "boot cdrom - install" ? Thank you very much:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
3 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

9. Hardware

Cannot boot from scsi cdrom

I have a server with a scsi raid controller (for hard drives) and a scsi controller (for tape drive and cd-rom). I am trying to boot from the cd-rom but can't. During boot up, bootable media is detected in the cd-rom but the system will not boot from it. BIOS for the raid controller installs but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powwm
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cannot boot cdrom -s

Good Afternoon, I'm trying to boot from cdrom so I: bash-2.05# init 0 {1} ok boot cdrom -s and I get: Rebooting with command: boot cdrom -s Boot Device: /pci@1e,600000/ide@d/cdrom@2,0:f File and args: -s Can't read disk label. Can't open disk label package Evaluating: Can't open boot... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
13 Replies
fixdiv(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixdiv(3alleg4)

NAME
fixdiv - Fixed point division. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixdiv(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
A fixed point value can be divided by an integer with the normal `/' operator. To divide two fixed point values, though, you must use this function. If a division by zero occurs, `errno' will be set and the maximum possible value will be returned, but `errno' is not cleared if the operation is successful. This means that if you are going to test for division by zero you should set `errno=0' before calling fix- div(). Example: fixed result; /* This will put 0.06060 `result'. */ result = fixdiv(itofix(2), itofix(33)); /* This will put 0 into `result'. */ result = fixdiv(0, itofix(-30)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixdiv(itofix(-100), itofix(0)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the result of dividing `x' by `y'. If `y' is zero, returns the maximum possible fixed point value and sets `errno' to ERANGE. SEE ALSO
fixadd(3alleg4), fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), exfixed(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixdiv(3alleg4)