Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting old directries
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting old directries Post 302071013 by DeepakXavier on Tuesday 11th of April 2006 11:05:53 AM
Old 04-11-2006
Deleting old directries

All

I want to delete all directories which are modified or created two days before in AIX.

Thanx in advance

Regards
Deepak Xavier

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting by ID

Need to delete records from a text file. Very new to this and am using pico. The only way i can think of doing this is to generate an ID for every record then tell it to delete that particular ID. First question is how if possible do i give each entry an ID number, the second is would this code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boyler
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting all the sub directories

hello., i am creating a certain sub directories as apart of my requirement, and then later on i have to delete all those sub directories.. ____________________________________________________ DIR1="/home/pavi/cvs/20071426/TEMP" echo " DIR1 is : " $DESTDIR1 echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df -k and deleting files

hi everybody, urgently need solutioin aftet i execute the command df -k, i get to see al the memory status blah blah if some file system has 95% full then what should i do and any help on how and what to do ? help really appriciated. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayr111
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting every other Line in VI

Hello, How would one delete every other two lines using VI? For example, I have the following 8 lines: Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 Line5 Line6 Line7 Line8 And wish to only delete lines 3-4 and 7-8. Is there a certain pattern which would make this easier? Thank you, -Jahn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jahn
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting when nothing is there

Hey I know how to use grep to eliminate a row when nothing there is a character that I dont want. But I encountered a problem where there is nothing there. Heres my example: Nam1 Nam2 Year Nam3 Month So for Nam1 there is nothing in the second column so I want to delete it... so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kylle345
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the Last value from a file

How do i use SED command to replace the last existance of ',' with a blank value OR CUT can also do?? Eg --> aaa,aaad,fsdfde, I want to replace it with aaa,aaad,fsdfde Thanks in Advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: theeights
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Deleting printing everywhere

I am in a prison system with a standalone (no internet connection) Solaris 8 network using Sun-Rays for clients (so no software is on the client side). We are finding a problem where inmates are using the print-to-file function to be able to rename folders everywhere on the server, meaning they are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ixeye
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines in ex

Hello, im using ex to manipulate some text. Im trying to delete all the lines except those on which a certain regex can be found. the important part of the script: ex temp << 'HERE' g/regex/p HERE this command prints the lines I want to end up with, but it doesnt delete the others.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drareeg
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies
STOREBACKUPDEL(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 STOREBACKUPDEL(1)

NAME
storeBackupDel.pl - this program deletes backups created by storeBackup SYNOPSIS
storeBackupDel.pl [-f configFile] [--print] [-b backupDirectory] [-S series] [--doNotDelete] [--deleteNotFinishedDirs] [-L lockFile] [--keepAll timePeriod] [--keepWeekday entry] [--keepFirstOfYear] [--keepLastOfYear] [--keepFirstOfMonth] [--keepLastOfMonth] [--keepFirstOfWeek] [--keepLastOfWeek] [--keepDuplicate] [--keepMinNumber] [--keepMaxNumber] [-l logFile [--plusLogStdout] [--suppressTime] [-m maxFilelen] [[-n noOfOldFiles] | [--saveLogs] [--compressWith compressprog]] WARNING
!!! USAGE IN PARALLEL WITH storeBackup.pl CAN DESTROY YOUR BACKUPS !!! OPTIONS
--file, -f configuration file (instead of parameters) --print print configuration read from configuration file and stop --backupDir, -b top level directory of all backups (must exist) --series, -S directory of backup series same parameter as in storeBackup / relative path from backupDir, default is 'default' --lockFile, -L lock file, if exists, new instances will finish if an old is already running, default is $lockFile --doNotDelete test only, do not delete any backup --deleteNotFinishedDirs delete old backups which where not finished this will not happen if doNotDelete is set --keepAll keep backups which are not older than the specified amount of time. This is like a default value for all days in --keepWeekday. Begins deleting at the end of the script the time range has to be specified in format 'dhms', e.g. 10d4h means 10 days and 4 hours default = $keepAll; --keepWeekday keep backups for the specified days for the specified amount of time. Overwrites the default values chosen in --keepAll. 'Mon,Wed:40d Sat:60d10m' means: keep backups of Mon and Wed 40days + 5mins keep backups of Sat 60days + 10mins keep backups of the rest of the days like spcified in --keepAll (default $keepAll) if you also use the 'archive flag' it means to not delete the affected directories via --keepMaxNumber: a10d4h means 10 days and 4 hours and 'archive flag' e.g. 'Mon,Wed:a40d Sat:60d10m' means: keep backups of Mon and Wed 40days + 5mins + 'archive' keep backups of Sat 60days + 10mins keep backups of the rest of the days like specified in --keepAll (default $keepAll) --keepFirstOfYear do not delete the first backup of a year format is timePeriod with possible 'archive flag' --keepLastOfYear do not delete the last backup of a year format is timePeriod with possible 'archive flag' --keepFirstOfMonth do not delete the first backup of a month format is timePeriod with possible 'archive flag' --keepLastOfMonth do not delete the last backup of a month format is timePeriod with possible 'archive flag' --firstDayOfWeek default: 'Sun'. This value is used for calculating --keepFirstOfWeek and --keepLastOfWeek --keepFirstOfWeek do not delete the first backup of a week format is timePeriod with possible 'archive flag' --keepLastOfWeek do not delete the last backup of a week format is timePeriod with possible 'archive flag' --keepDuplicate keep multiple backups of one day up to timePeriod format is timePeriod, 'archive flag' is not possible default = $keepDuplicate; --keepMinNumber Keep that miminum of backups. Multiple backups of one day are counted as one backup. Default is 10. --keepMaxNumber Try to keep only that maximum of backups. If you have more backups, the following sequence of deleting will happen: - delete all duplicates of a day, beginning with the old once, except the oldest of every day - if this is not enough, delete the rest of the backups beginning with the oldest, but *never* a backup with the 'archive flag' or the last backup --keepRelative, -R Alternative deletion scheme. If you use this option, all other keep options are ignored. Preserves backups depending on their *relative* age. Example: -R '1d 7d 2m 3m' will (try to) ensure that there is always - One backup between 1 day and 7 days old - One backup between 5 days and 2 months old - One backup between 2 months and 3 months old If there is no backup for a specified timespan (e.g. because the last backup was done more than 2 weeks ago) the next older backup will be used for this timespan. --logFile, -l log file (default is STDOUT) --plusLogStdout if you specify a log file with --logFile you can additionally print the output to STDOUT with this flag --suppressTime suppress output of time in logfile --maxFilelen, -m maximal length of file, default = 1e6 --noOfOldFiles, -n number of old log files, default = 5 --saveLogs save log files with date and time instead of deleting the old (with [-noOldFiles]) --compressWith compress saved log files (e.g. with 'gzip -9') default is 'bzip2' COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2008 by Heinz-Josef Claes (see README). Published under the GNU General Public License v3 or any later version perl v5.14.2 2012-06-16 STOREBACKUPDEL(1)