Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX find the position in a file and insert the data there Post 302070954 by isingh786 on Monday 10th of April 2006 02:46:58 PM
Old 04-10-2006
find the position in a file and insert the data there

Hi,

I have a EDI data file ARROWTEST of size 18246 characters. And I want to insert some data after 4200 position in the file. How I can find the position 4200 in that file....Please advise.

Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert at a particular position in flat file

Hi All, I have a flat file with ~ as de-limiter (e.g: aaa~ba a~caa~0~d~e) What I want is check if the 4th character is 0 and replace it with say 4. So now it becomes : aaa~ba a~caa~4~d~e. I have to do this for the whole file, but the delimiter position remains the same, not the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: akdwivedi
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a position and print some string in the next and same position

I need a script for... how to find a position of column data and print some string in the next line and same position position should find based on *HEADER8* in text for ex: ord123 abs 123 987HEADER89 test234 ord124 abc 124 987HEADER88 test235 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveenkcl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find if a position is between a given start and end position

Hi, I am a newbie in unix programming so maybe this is a simple question. I would like to know how can I make a script that outputs only the values that are not between any given start and end positions Example file1: 2 30 40 80 82 100 file2: ID1 1 ID2 35 ID3 80 ID4 81 ID6... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert character in a specific position of a file

Hi, I need to add Pipe (|) at 5th and 18th position of all records a file. How can I do this? I tried to add it at 5th position using the below code. It didnt work. Please help!!! awk '{substr($0,5,1) ~ /|/}{print}' $input_file > $temp_file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gpaulose
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert file contents into another file at a given position

I'm trying to write a small shell script/command to insert the contents of one file into another file at a position marked with a given text string. It's not necessarily at the top or bottom of the file so I can't just use cat to cat the files together. I think probably sed with the r option is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaun29
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find character position in file?

how to find character positionin file? i.e string = "123X568" i want to find the position of character "X". Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the starting position in a file

I have a file called "INPUT" which takes the following format MNT-BANK-NUMBERO:006,00:N MNT-100-ACCOUNT-NUMBERO:018,00:N MNT-1000-DESCRIPTIONO:045:C . . . Now i got to find the displacements of the account numbers of each field of a file. For the field MNT-BANK-NUMBERO:006,00:N, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to copy data from one position to another in file

Hi. I need to write a script that will allow me to copy data from one position in a line to another position while changing the first 2 bytes of the data to a constant. Here is an example of a line of data before and what it needs to look like after. there are about 200 lines in the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wlb_shore_user
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add '|' to data file on particular position

I have below scenario where i am getting a flat file but with some bad data incoming data format id|name|ind|crncy 123|xxx|y|usd 234|yy|n| 456|a|y90.5|vvv|gbp ----bad dataneed to cleanse the bad data above by adding a pipe '|' after 3rd column 'ind' if pipe '|' is not already there ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to row and position data in a text file

Hi everyone.. I have a list of values in a file... a, b, c, 1, 2, 3, aaaa, bbbbb, I am interested in converting this column to a row.. "text",aaaa, bbbb a,1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manihi
7 Replies
MB_STRRIPOS(3)								 1							    MB_STRRIPOS(3)

mb_strripos - Finds position of last occurrence of a string within another, case insensitive

SYNOPSIS
int mb_strripos (string $haystack, string $needle, [int $offset], [string $encoding = mb_internal_encoding()]) DESCRIPTION
mb_strripos(3) performs multi-byte safe strripos(3) operation based on number of characters. $needle position is counted from the beginning of $haystack. First character's position is 0. Second character position is 1. Unlike mb_strrpos(3), mb_strripos(3) is case-insensitive. PARAMETERS
o $haystack - The string from which to get the position of the last occurrence of $needle o $needle - The string to find in $haystack o $offset - The position in $haystack to start searching o $encoding - Character encoding name to use. If it is omitted, internal character encoding is used. RETURN VALUES
Return the numeric position of the last occurrence of $needle in the $haystack string, or FALSE if $needle is not found. SEE ALSO
strripos(3), strrpos(3), mb_strrpos(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_STRRIPOS(3)