Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to generate unique id from constant sid Post 302070905 by umen on Monday 10th of April 2006 05:08:17 AM
Old 04-10-2006
need to generate unique id from constant sid

Hello
I have multiple accounts that running application that uses unique port number
I want to generate this port from some sid number that stays constant for every user account , is there any place in the system
that generate number that is unique to the account ?
thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Sid

What is SID and how to gahter information about that ?? Is this the right forum to ask this question ? If not then please help me out.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

. oraenv vs setdb [SID]

Hi, i am working on Tru64 os... When i try to connect to an Oracle instance, the usual method i follow is chsxsora1:oracle:PRD1 > . oraenv ORACLE_SID = ? PRD1 But for one Instance it was not working, chsxsora2:oracle:TST2 > . oraenv ORACLE_SID =*= ? TST2 i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script creation(How to validate SID?)

I was going write a script from following site. Unix Shell Script to Execute Oracle SQL Query (link removed) My configuration setting for oracle XE. export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID=XE but after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate 10.000 unique numbers?

hello, does anybody can give me a hint on how to generate a lot of numbers which are not identically via scripting etc? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xrays
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate unique user id with each addition of data

As I add new data to database.txt I want to generate a unqiue User Id. This is my current solution. echo $RANDOM:$lname:$fname >> database.txt But I seem to have problems when I try and use $RANDOM for formatting like so: grep "^4539" database.txt | awk -F":" '{print "User... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yonkers062986
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate unique mac address

Hi, I want to generate 2000 mac address. Please let me know how to do so. Perl script or there is some tool availlable wherein i can give the count and it will generate that many mac-address Thanks, Kriti (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kriti
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies
LOGINS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LOGINS(1)

NAME
logins -- display account information SYNOPSIS
logins [-admopstux] [-g groups] [-l logins] DESCRIPTION
The logins utility displays information about user and system accounts. The following options are available: -a Display information about the password change and account expiration times for each account. -d Select accounts with duplicate UIDs. -g groups Select accounts that are members of the specified groups. If multiple group names are specified, they must be separated with com- mas. -l logins Select accounts matching the specified login names. If multiple names are specified, they must be separated with commas. -m Show information about secondary groups. -o Display the information for each account on a single line of colon-separated fields. -p Select accounts with no password. -s Select system accounts. These are currently defined as accounts with UIDs below 1000, plus the ``nobody'' account (UID 65534). -t Sort selected accounts by name rather than by UID. -u Select user accounts. These are currently defined as accounts with UIDs above 1000, except the ``nobody'' account (UID 65534). -x Display information about each account's home directory and shell. If multiple selection options are specified, all accounts matching any of the selection criteria will be displayed. If no selection options are specified, all accounts will be displayed. SEE ALSO
getgrent(3), getpwent(3), group(5), passwd(5), pw(8) HISTORY
The logins utility appeared in FreeBSD 4.10. AUTHORS
The logins utility was written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@FreeBSD.org> based on similar utilities in other operating systems. BSD
March 6, 2004 BSD