Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove single-line comment
Top Forums Programming remove single-line comment Post 302070866 by Icy002 on Sunday 9th of April 2006 05:01:33 AM
Old 04-09-2006
oh
i mean that if i key in //
it ignore the string behind it.
for example
when i type
/bin/ls() // This is a comment
it will execute /bin/ls and ignore everything behind this line Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to remove single character from a line

Here is a sample code grep '903' -i user.txt | tail -2 | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/B//g' the input file has data as such 903-xxx-xxxxB 903-xxx-xxxxB It is a dialer file i want to remove the "B" any help thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iz3k34l
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to remove mutilple enrty in a single line in unix

Hi, Below is a single line output. subsD,01 02 03 04 05 00 00 00 00 07 00 05,hlr,common,00000000 subsD,01 02 03 04 05 00 00 00 00 07 00 05,hlr,01,baoc|notActive|notInduced,activeAndOperative,notActive,notActive,noneDesignated,0,notActive|00|,notActive|00|,notActive|00|,notActive|00|30|,,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaprus
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to replace a text of line with a comment line

I want to replace this line : "test compare visible] true" and make it "#test compare visible] true". How can I do it ? And it should be checked in many sub folder files also. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.b
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the comment symbol ' from a file.

I want to remove the commented lines in a file identified by ' symbol at the start of each ine. A sample example will be like: Input ----- 'IFerr_flag=0THEN iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then Output -------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need perl regular expression to remove the comment

I need a perl substitution to remove only the comment in the line . That line may have '#' with in double quotes .I used the following , s/(^.*\".+?#.+?\".+?)(#.*)/$1/g It works for , print " not a comment # not a comment " . "not a comment # not a comment" ; # It is a comment ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthigayan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

add line and remove comment in some script

Hi, i need some help. i am not sure about my idea. I have a script directory under my home directory,which has a lot of scripts in it. These are some names of the scripts in /axxhome/prdv/script aly300.sh axt300.sh arv300.sh clp300.sh ctth300.sh aly400.sh axt400.sh arv400.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu000
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove multi line and single line comments

Hi, I am trying to remove multi line and single line comments like examples below I have tried this pattern. it works fine for single line comments and multi line comments in a single line only. but this fails when the comments are extended in multiple lines as shown in the comment 2 of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove single-line breaks only in document

Regarding copy/pasted text of copyright-free book from archive.org (link below), in attempt to expand single-line-break paragraph text (not section headings or paragraph breaks) to wider right margin, Justify or Wrap in LIbreOffice is not working, and Find/Replace the paragraph mark ($) wraps all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove single @ on line from file

Hi All, So I have to remove all the @hostnames from a file, the problem is, there are instances where @ is used for other things... For example: example text: @This is some text in between some at signs@ @This is some more text@ This is a line that will contain a username and his/her... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeg1484
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove Comment Lines From Script/Input File

Hello, I have a SAS code that predominantly has comments line and the real code like below and i want to remove ONLY THE COMMENTS from the code in the single line or spanned across multiple lines. /******************************************************************** *** This Is a Comment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arooonatr
4 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)