Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers list all ports and their relative IP@ if any Post 302070843 by samsal_991 on Saturday 8th of April 2006 02:55:16 AM
Old 04-08-2006
list all ports and their relative IP@ if any

Hi all

i'm working on a LINUX-based platform.
i'm little confused with PORTs.
i have my platform connected to many other platforms, i need to know the relative port for each IP@.
i know the IP of each connected platform to mine, but i'm not sure about the relative PORT for each platform...
please can you help me..

regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get cygpath to leave relative paths as relative?

If I execute mypath=`cygpath -w ../` echo $mypath I get d:\unix\nextVersion\script OK, d:\unix\nextVersion\script is the correct windows version of the path, but it is in absolute form. I would prefer it if cygpath left it in relative form, i.e. echo $mypath should output ..\ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get the list of open ports in unix?

Hi, what is the unix command to get the list of all open ports in unix? Thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zainab
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to find list of userdefined ports in aix

I want to know list of userdefined ports available in aix .Suppose I want to run a process at port 20 .using netstat i could able to find out that no process is listening at that 20 .Still I am not able to bring my process up at port 20. Thanks kittu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
1 Replies

4. Solaris

List TCP ports with process

Hello, One of our developers is asking for a command/script in Solaris similar to "netstat -anp" in Linux. He gave this output as an example: root@xxx:~# netstat -anp | grep LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7937 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 16082/nsrexecd tcp 0 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimes
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the relative path

suppose i ahve a shell script Nsdnet.sh inside a directory /dialp/Release/bin another file nsdnet_file.csv is under the same directory. Now in the shell script i have call a java file, which reads the csvfile from the commandline. Now when i run the file as $ ./Nsdnet.sh ./nsdnet_file.csv then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
5 Replies

6. Solaris

List of Ports being used.

Hi, I have 2 queries: a) Is it possible that a port no., not defined in /etc/services, be used by an application. b) how do i find the list of ports is being currently used on my Solaris box(if entry not made into /etc/services) I donot have "lsof" installed on my box. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Monitor List of Ports

Hi, I'm in need of a script that can monitor a list of 12 ports.. If one of the ports isn't in listening mode then email me.. The list of ports are 26401 - 26412.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclipseagent
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar and relative paths

HOw can I create a tar file with relative paths find . -depth -print | xargs tar -cvf /tmp/file.tar ? Thanks to all who answer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i list running process with the ports they are using?

How do i list the running process and also view the ports they are listening to at the same time? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mena
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Relative Pathnames

Hi, Could anyone help me with the following questions about relative addressing. The questions are: 1) Enter below the command to copy the file basics.pptto the folder outline, using relative addressing. 2) Enter below to move the file .secrets.doc to the folder Day1 using relative addressing.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ml123
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)