Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating multiple sessions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating multiple sessions Post 302070771 by madmat on Friday 7th of April 2006 10:18:39 AM
Old 04-07-2006
Hi,
I think you could use XTerm command.
For exemple, I use the following syntax to open with vi the file <my_file> at line <my_line> on the server <hostname> in background (&) :
/usr/openwin/bin/xterm -bg white -fg black -bd white -bw 5 -sl 200 -title <title> -n <hostname> -geometry 132x50 -e vi +<my_line> <my_file> &

Regards
Mathieu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple PHP sessions within the same browser instance

Dear all..... I am currently writing a Help-Desk / Knowledge Base application using PHP/PostGreSQL. I authenticate the user using a quite elaborate mechanism of cookies. The problem is that using cookies (I also have a version using sessions with the same problem), I can only seem to get one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Restricting Multiple loggin sessions

Any idea as to how multiple loggin sessions by the same user (using Hyper terminal/Telnet) be restricted in Sun Solaris 8. Rgds Naushi (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naushi
10 Replies

3. AIX

Locking a file when using VI to prevent multiple-edit sessions by diff users

At the office, we often have to edit one file with VI. We are 4-6 workers doing it and sometimes can be done at the same time. We have found a problem and want to prevent it with a file lock. Is it possible and how ? problem : Worker-a starts edit VI session on File-A at 1PM Worker-b... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating multiple links with ln

I want to make a symbolic link to a set of files in a particular directory if they exist. The number of files in the set is not known. The following script fails because it is ambigious. if(-f dir1/*.a) then ln -s dir1/*.a dir2/ endif Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deanne
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple Sessions with FTAM

Just a quick question, Can I establish Multiple Sessions between two machines using FTAM? Regards, Gaurav Goel (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating multiple extensions

Friends I want to automat sending a letter to different persons whose directories are named as 001, 002, 003, 004. To push the same letter to all these directories, I need to name the letter as letter.001, letter.002 like that. Is there any method whereby I get the extension of this letter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
2 Replies

7. Programming

Creating Multiple Processes

I am having problems creating multiple forks. I want create a certain number of forks, each call a program and each wait for a different value. How is this accomplished my loop is not doing the trick. for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) { if (fork() < 0) { //print error } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikings1201
3 Replies

8. AIX

Multiple sessions with xming

Hi. I installed xming to access to my servers but I have a problem : i can only have one session at a time ... i don't find any parameter to change this. Tks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

multiple ssh sessions

Hi, I use OpenSSH to log on to a RH server but when I enter the password 2 session windows appear. I only need one so can anyone advise where I can rectify this? R, D. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sessions across multiple scripts.

I wish to be able to pass PHP values between multiple scripts. In each script, I have the following before any HTML code: <?php session_start(); session_name("STORE"); session_set_cookie_params( 'lifetime', '/var/www' ); session_id('Gingy'); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies
DROP 
OWNED(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation DROP OWNED(7) NAME
DROP_OWNED - remove database objects owned by a database role SYNOPSIS
DROP OWNED BY name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP OWNED drops all the objects within the current database that are owned by one of the specified roles. Any privileges granted to the given roles on objects in the current database and on shared objects (databases, tablespaces) will also be revoked. PARAMETERS
name The name of a role whose objects will be dropped, and whose privileges will be revoked. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the affected objects. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the objects owned by a role if any other database objects depend on one of the affected objects. This is the default. NOTES
DROP OWNED is often used to prepare for the removal of one or more roles. Because DROP OWNED only affects the objects in the current database, it is usually necessary to execute this command in each database that contains objects owned by a role that is to be removed. Using the CASCADE option might make the command recurse to objects owned by other users. The REASSIGN OWNED (REASSIGN_OWNED(7)) command is an alternative that reassigns the ownership of all the database objects owned by one or more roles. Databases and tablespaces owned by the role(s) will not be removed. COMPATIBILITY
The DROP OWNED statement is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
REASSIGN OWNED (REASSIGN_OWNED(7)), DROP ROLE (DROP_ROLE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DROP OWNED(7)