Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: Search for string then parse next line Post 302070598 by vino on Thursday 6th of April 2006 04:14:12 AM
Old 04-06-2006
See this.

Code:
#! /usr/local/bin/perl

open (TEXT_FILE, "</tmp/headers.txt"); 

while ($line = <TEXT_FILE>) {
        if ($line =~ m/BORO/) {
                $nextline = <TEXT_FILE> ;
                printf ("$line $nextline");
        }
}
close (TEXT_FILE);

After your match is found in $line, $nextline gets the next line from the input file. Your desired match should be found in $nextline.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and Parse string from inside a File

Hello, I barely know the basics, but I am very determined to learn. I want to parse a few characters from each row, use that string to search another file and display the line number where I found the value in the file. I don't know if this can all be done on the command line, so I am creating a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSims
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then compare numbers!

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, take the number on that line check if its >0.9 or <0.1 and if this is true write the line to output.out file. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. driver.I177.I11.net010 1.48622200477273e-05 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parse string to time

Hi, I have got this value 18:21:23.330 in one of my variables. Now I need to parse this time to something. And then I have to compare it with 2 times, let's say, 15:00 hrs to 23:00 hrs. Can Date::Manip rescue me from this horrifying situation? I am quite new to Perl and especially this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string and parse

Input file 0792 to 2450 iadmssql7: Copy: CNJ R1: Replication volumes: Replication set: RSet 1 Replication size: 200.00GB SAN Info: 200.00GB DGC VRAID CX4-960 LUN 17 (17) RPA Port WWN Ctrl ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. Programming

Perl parse string

Hi Perl Guys I have another perl question I have the following code that i have written Getopt::Long::config(qw( permute bundling )); my $OPT = {}; GetOptions($OPT, qw( ver=s help|h )) or die "options parsing failed"; This will allow the user to do something like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: to parse the data from a string.

Hi folks, I have a line in log from which I need to parse few data. Jul 6 00:05:58 dg01aipagnfe01p %FWSM-3-106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) From the above... I need to parse the %FWSM-3-106011: substring. Another example Jul 13 00:08:55 dq01aipaynas01p %FWSM-6-302010: 2 in use, 1661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies
cs_parse_string(3)						      cs/cs.h							cs_parse_string(3)

NAME
cs_parse_string - parse a CS template string SYNOPSIS
#include <cs/cs.h> NEOERR *cs_parse_string (CSPARSE *parse, char *buf, size_t blen); ARGUMENTS
parse - a CSPARSE structure created with cs_init buf - the string to parse. Embedded NULLs are not currently supported blen - the length of the string DESCRIPTION
cs_parse_string parses a string. The string is modified, and internal references are kept by the parse tree. For this reason, ownership of the string is transfered to the CS system, and the string will be free'd when cs_destroy() is called. The parse information will be appended to the current parse tree. During parse, the only HDF variables which are evaluated are those used in evar or include statements. RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
cs_dump(3), cs_destroy(3), cs_render(3), cs_register_esc_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parsev(3), cs_register_fileload(3), cs_init(3), cs_regis- ter_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parse(3), cs_parse_string(3), cs_parse_file(3), =(3), cs_register_function ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cs_parse_string(3)