Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix beginner book help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix beginner book help Post 302070470 by d_swapneel14 on Wednesday 5th of April 2006 08:04:17 AM
Old 04-05-2006
hi

welcome to unix world
search this foroum - for unix books . there are plenty of threads. U will get in detail idea of all books

and one more suggestion - read all thread replied by NEO that will surely help you out.

Regards,
swapneel

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX beginner - I need help please

Hi my name is Jenny. I'm a very very big beginner with UNIX. I've made Forms on my website, but need to add CGI to compliment them. Presently, I don't have a host that supports UNIX. Is there anywhere I can connect to a UNIX session for free? If so, will they most likely have the latest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JennyW
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix beginner. Need some very basic help.

Hey all I'm working on a script that will scour a directory of 6000+ files for a line that at the end has a number. Something like 'The number of outputs is: 39200' I'm trying to devise a script to add all of these numbers up, so far I have the grep statement that pulls out each individual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiznaraN
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Books for Beginner

Hi, I am a beginner and I want to learn Unix, so I want to buy a good unix books. Here's a few books that I think can be useful, but I nned you suggestion and comments. 1. Beginning UNIX by Wrox 2. Mastering Unix by Katherine Wrightson, Joseph Merlino, .. 3. Unix in a Nutshell, Fourth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wizzkid
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Unix / Linux Beginner...

Hello folks. I am new to Unix / Linux and this forum and wanted to introduce myself. Currently I work as a system analyst on an old IBM S/390 mainframe system with Sun and SGI at the peripheral that runs the heart of the space surveillance system for the US Air Force. I hear that our future... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbeck
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Beginner needs help

how do i implement a script that asks user to input a word. it should ask for input a word continuously until the word is longer than 5 characters then stop. this is what i have so far #!/bin/bash read -p "enter word" word1 while ; do echo "continue" done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcusstar10
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Need HP unix documentation for beginner

Hello All, I am working in HP unix since 5 years on application and support. But in order to get opportunity out side i need to learn admintration Can somebody help me to guide hot start for this. Do we have any doc(pdf) to start with. Thanks Krsnadasa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Beginner's Book

I am a beginner and have recently started to study unix. I checked some of the posts on this forum just to check if a new member like me can easily be guided and found it very interesting. This seems like a great place where i can get answer to my doubts and questions. I checked the thread for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaal
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

CompTIA Network+ book for beginner?

please i want a name of a CompTIA Network+ book for beginner? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cetu
1 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

CompTIA Security+ book for beginner?

please i want a name of a CompTIA Security+ book for beginner? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cetu
4 Replies
Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)

NAME
Data::Phrasebook::SQL - The SQL/DBI Phrasebook Model. SYNOPSIS
use Data::Phrasebook; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect(...); my $book = Data::Phrasebook->new( class => 'SQL', dbh => $dbh, file => 'queries.txt', ); my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => "Lance Parkin" }); while ( my $row = $q->fetchrow_hashref ) { print "He wrote $row->{title} "; } $q->finish; queries.txt: find_author=select title,author from books where author = :author DESCRIPTION
In order to make use of features like placeholders in DBI in conjunction with phrasebooks, it's helpful to have a phrasebook be somewhat more aware of how DBI operates. Thus, you get "Data::Phrasebook::SQL". "Data::Phrasebook::SQL" has knowledge of how DBI works and creates and executes your queries appropriately. CONSTRUCTOR
new Not to be accessed directly, but via the parent Data::Phrasebook, by specifying the class as SQL. Additional arguments to those described in Data::Phrasebook::Generic are: o "dbh" - a DBI database handle. METHODS
dbh Set, or get, the current DBI handle. query Constructs a Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query object from a template. Takes at least one argument, this being the identifier for the query. The identifier is used as a key into the phrasebook "file". A second argument can be provided, which is an optional hashref of key to value mappings. If phrasebook has a YAML source looking much like the following: --- find_author: sql: select class,title,author from books where author = :author You could write: my $q = $book->query( 'find_author' ); OR my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => 'Lance Parkin' } ); OR my $author = 'Lance Parkin'; my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', { author => $author, } ); # sql = select class,title,author from books where author = ? # args = 'Lance Parkin' In the above examples, the parameters are bound to the SQL using the bind parameters functionality. This is more efficient in most cases where the same SQL is reused with different values for fields. However, not all SQL statements just need to bind parameters, some may require the ability to replace parameters, such as a field list. --- find_author: sql: select :fields from books where author = :author my $q = $book->query( 'find_author', replace => { fields => 'class,title,author' }, bind => { author => 'Lance Parkin' } ); # sql = select class,title,author from books where author = ? # args = 'Lance Parkin' In all instances, if the SQL template requested does not exist or has no definition, then an error will be thrown. Consult Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query for what you can then do with your returned object. For reference: the bind hashref argument, if it is given, is given to the query object's "order_args" and then "args" methods. SEE ALSO
Data::Phrasebook, Data::Phrasebook::Generic, Data::Phrasebook::SQL::Query. SUPPORT
Please see the README file. AUTHOR
Original author: Iain Campbell Truskett (16.07.1979 - 29.12.2003) Maintainer: Barbie <barbie@cpan.org> since January 2004. for Miss Barbell Productions <http://www.missbarbell.co.uk>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2003 Iain Truskett. Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Barbie for Miss Barbell Productions. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the Artistic Licence v2. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-31 Data::Phrasebook::SQL(3pm)