Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't find named.conf to configuration DNS Post 302070402 by RTM on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 12:22:47 PM
Old 04-04-2006
It matters what named you are running - if it's version 4 , then look for /etc/named.boot. Or check your startup file which should give you a clue of where it's all at. That's if it is even running as a server - if it's only a client, the only file you should find is /etc/resolv.conf.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DNS daemon named

I found the /usr/sbin/in.named file but it is encoded. I tried the /usr/sbin/ndc rstart command to start the DNS server but it didn't work. Are there any other commands to start the DNS server beside the one I tried? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns and resolv.conf

Hi ,,still struggling with unix ,,the system is running sco openserver release 5 and have dsl installed ,, the dsl modem is a bt router which in turn is connected to a vpn hardware router,, which also serves internet to the whole network ,, but i still cant connect to the internet via the unix box... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: b03der
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named (DNS Name Server) question

As suggested by the forum I'm posting in, I'm very new at this, so bear with me please. I'm using a Virtual Dedicated server (Linux) from GoDaddy and using Simple Control Panel. A few days ago, the sites running off of it stopped working, and I did manage to troubleshoot it to some extent where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KevenM
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

seeking help with perl to read named.conf

Hello, I am seeking help with someone with perl expertise that can create me a script that will read a named.conf file and create a csv or a text file on each of the zones that the named.conf contains. An excerpt of named.conf looks like: acl "our_nets" { 127.0.0.1/32; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
2 Replies

5. AIX

resolv.conf and DNS configration

Guys, I have enabled the resolv.conf to be configured with our DNS Network and it's configured when I ping any hostname in my Network from the server it's giving me the hostname of that machine (witch mean it's working fine ) but I‘m facing slowness in my connection when I rename... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
13 Replies

6. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Named - DNS Server - within Firewall

I spent hours trying to create a system where the name server returns a value of 192.168.100.5 locally, but 209.137.nnn.nnn for requests outside of the firewall. If I run "nslookup mail.mydomain.com" from a machine inside the firewall, the 192.168 number is returned, but if I do "nslookup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

9. Solaris

best configuration for syslog.conf

I would like to configure the syslog.conf to have a good monitoring information about my system. do you have any idea about best configuration from your experience in your Data Centers BR, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Compare zone files in directory with what is listed in named.conf

I would really appreciate any assistance that I can get here. I am fairly new to perl. I am trying to rewrite my shell scripts to perl. Currently I have a shell script (using sed, awk, grep, etc) that gets a list of all of the zone files in a directory and then looks in named.conf for what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies
BBSTORED-CERTS(8)						    Box Backup							 BBSTORED-CERTS(8)

NAME
bbstored-certs - Manage certificates for the Box Backup system SYNOPSIS
bbstored-certs certs-dir command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
bbstored-certs creates and signs certificates for use in Box Backup. It allows the user to create and sign the server keys, as well as signing client keys. All commands must be followed by the certs-dir, which is the directory in which the certificates are stored. Commands There are 3 commands: init Create the certs-dir, and generate the server keys for bbstored. certs-dir cannot exist before running the command. sign-server servercsrfile Sign the server certificate. The servercsrfile is the file generated by the init command. sign clientcsrfile Sign a client certificate. The clientcsrfile is generated during client setup. See bbackupd-config(8). Send the signed certificate back to the client, and install according to the instructions given by bbackupd-config. FILES
raidfile-config(8) generates the raidfile.conf(5) file. BUGS
If you find a bug in Box Backup, and you want to let us know about it, join the mailing list[1], and send a description of the problem there. To report a bug, give us at least the following information: o The version of Box Backup you are running o The platform you are running on (hardware and OS), for both client and server. o If possible attach your config files (bbstored.conf, bbackupd.conf) to the bug report. o Also attach any log file output that helps shed light on the problem you are seeing. o And last but certainly not least, a description of what you are seeing, in as much detail as possible. SEE ALSO
bbstored-config(8), bbstored.conf(5), bbstoreaccounts(8) AUTHORS
Ben Summers Per Thomsen James O'Gorman NOTES
1. mailing list http://lists.warhead.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/boxbackup Box Backup 0.11 10/28/2011 BBSTORED-CERTS(8)