Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tcsh user failed to call library in ksh program Post 302070356 by nir_s on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 08:29:15 AM
Old 04-04-2006
OK folks,I found a solution:
chmod -R 666 ${cdromPath}/lib solve my problem.

Nir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call a perl script from tcsh?

Hi I am not sure how to call a perl script from a tcsh shell. do i need to set any environment variables? your help is appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call the c library created by shc

I have written a shell script called square, which prints the square of the input number, eg. > square 4 16 There is a program called shc which compiles the shell scirpt and create a executable file and a c library file, namely square.x and square.x.c repectively. If I would like to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo
0 Replies

4. Programming

How to call the c library created by shc

I have written a shell script called square, which prints the square of the input number, eg. > square 4 16 There is a program called shc which compiles the shell scirpt and create a executable file and a c library file, namely square.x and square.x.c repectively. If I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfredo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh and user input

Here is my script: echo "var 1:" read varone echo "$varone" When I run in via ksh the script runs successfully. However when I run it via tcsh I get "varone: Undefine variable" Does the name command not work with tcsh or do I need some additional modification? Is there a way to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonesy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote commands fail for tcsh user

I'm more familiar with bash/ksh that csh/tcsh. With that said, I recently ran across a problem with tcsh. Our system admin recently installed purify on our solaris 8 system. In order to use purify you have to execute a Rational script in order to setup the paths and some environment variables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sszd
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System call failed with 127 .. after 500 times when called in loop

Hi Experts, I have a code like this. ===== #include.... int main() { int count = 0; while(1){ printf("\n Interation number is: %d \n ",count); rv = system(" test.sh > log.txt " ); if (-1 == rv) { printf("Could not generate static log: error... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH user input checks

I would like to check user input for arguments 1 and 2 for my Solaris TCSH script for the following: 1. That both user input arguments are numbers. 2. That they are both at least 5 digits. Thanks for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

9. AIX

Backup: The lseek call failed

Hi, We are facing issues while backing up our 1205 GB filesystem on LTO5 Tape. During backup the "backup: The lseek call failed." messages were generated, I want to know why these messages were generating AIX version is: 6100-08-00-0000 backup: The date of this level 0 backup is Mon Mar 11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
4 Replies

10. Programming

Call failed: RPC: Can't decode result

Hello I am trying to run rpc program to query an entry from a file at the server side that is in the form of <mm> <dd> <event>. I get the proper result at the server. I have verified it by printf statements just before return statement of the result at server side. But somehow I am unable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvikramreddy92
0 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a variable assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Apr 1994 times(1)