Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command Tracking
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Command Tracking Post 302070344 by mahatma on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 07:25:39 AM
Old 04-04-2006
Thanks for the replies, both-of-you.

I will try them and get back.

So Matrixmadhan; Your suggestion is that I create wrapper files (say shell scripts) called 'rm' and 'unlink' which inturn contains the rm and unlink commands with a logger?

M...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tracking user action

Hi, we are using solaris8. we have some files disappear. I would like to know how to track who and when the files was remove ??? thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking user

dear all, I'm facing problem that is i have noticed from few days back that some body is deleting and making changes in the file from developement server where i'm working(in unix) so i want to track that who is using the server, what performancr they are doing and each every thing which r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking down the problem

Is there a way to track down what process is sending to a certain port? I have some thing pounding the network with requests to a multicast IP that doesn't exist. I have shut down all comms related processes and yet it is still there. Need a way to track the port or IP back to the process. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattmanuel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

server load tracking

I have written a script which checks server load and emails me. I am running into the error: ./load_alert.sh: line 8: ; then printf "WARNING - cpu load high in xyz server" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmurali
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tracking root users

Hi everyone hope you can help me i have 5 root users and the problem with that is how can you see witch root user did what on the box how can you track the users that played on the servers. 1) What commands they typed (in linux you get history ) 2) From witch ip did they connect to the server (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sucram
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

netfilter connection tracking

hi, i'm using tcpreplay to send a traffic trace to my wireless interface (the trace is been captured by the same interface). It seems as netfilter can't trace connections. Is it possible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
0 Replies

7. AIX

Tracking Root commands

Hi All How can track what commands are entered by the Root user. Is there a log besides using the history command that lists all commands entered for a period of time. thanks:o (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pashan
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Tracking Process to a particular

I've tried to see what I can find on my own but I'm coming up with goose eggs. Basically I was wondering if there was a way of querying the scheduler (or something similar) to track a process back to a particular CPU it's executing on at the time of the command. ps has a "cpu" output option but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracking process via ps command

Hello folks, I am tracking a process httpd only. But when i am grepping it, it is returning me multiple process of httpd, second it is showing another process of monitorix-httpd. Below commands i have tried. Current output # ps ax |grep http 929 ? Ss 0:00 monitorix-httpd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracking users through history command

Hi folks, I have the basic query that there are 3 unix boxes having their individual access now in my team there are 4 members who are using the same credentials to access those 3 boxes through putty ssh from their windows desktop , now if i want to check which 4 members have executed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies
link(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   link(1)

NAME
link, unlink - Creates an additional directory entry for an existing file SYNOPSIS
link file1 file2 unlink file STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: link: XCU5.0 unlink: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The link command performs the link() system call to create an additional directory entry for an existing file, file1. In effect, the underlying file then has two names, file1 and file2 (either of these arguments can be a pathname). The old and new entries share equal access rights to the underlying file. The unlink command performs the unlink() system call to remove a link to file created by link. The unlink command removes the directory entry specified by the file parameter and, if the entry is a hard link, decrements the link count of the file referenced by the link. You should be familiar with the link() and unlink() system calls before you use these commands. The link and unlink commands do not issue error messages when the associated system call is unsuccessful. NOTES
The link and unlink commands cannot be used to link and unlink directories. EXIT STATUS
The link and unlink commands both exit with the following: The link() or unlink() system call succeeded. Too few or too many arguments specified. The link() or unlink() system call failed. SEE ALSO
Commands: fsck(8), ln(1) Functions: link(2), unlink(2) link(1)