Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Incorrect SQL query in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Incorrect SQL query in perl Post 302070311 by new2ss on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 03:07:03 AM
Old 04-04-2006
Incorrect SQL query in perl

I the the following perl script, however it does not return anything. Did i form my syantax wrongly?
Code:
$sth=$dbh->prepare("select a.rowid,a.* from Table1 a 
  		      where a.field1 = \'$Indicator1\' 
  		      and a.schedule = \'$Indicator2\'  and a.lastdate <= sysdate");
  		 $sth->execute()

After i hardcoded my code to the following, it worked
Code:
$sth=$dbh->prepare("select a.rowid,a.* from Table1 a 
  		      where a.field1 = 'Valid' 
  		      and a.schedule = 'Y'  and a.lastdate <= sysdate ");

$sth->execute()

i think the ' and \ could have messed up the syntax, how can i resolve it?
Indicator1 and indicator2 are not supposed to be hardcoded.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

& in SQL query

I have a script that looks for all jobs that contain a particular calendar. Some of the calendars have '&' in them and sql freaks out when it encounters that.. is there a way around this? I have tried: select job_name from job where run_calendar='1&15dom' select job_name from job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindarella
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in printing a sql query in perl

Hi All, I have the following sql query select abcd from udbadm.log where xyz='1'. I have 16k queries similar to this with different values for xyz. I want to print the values of 'abcd' for each row. I have the following perl code, but not sure how i can print that particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql query via perl script

Hello, If I run this command on the server it works. # dbc "update config set radio_enabled = 0;" how can I execute the same command in perl. I have defined the dbc path. Can any one please correct the last line. #!/usr/bin/perl #database path $dbc='/opt/bin/psql -Userver... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create sql query

Hi Everyone, Can anyone pls help me out......with my requirement, i am struggling since 3 days. Please find the requirement below my file contains below data R1|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_CLASS|V_MOUNT_FEATURE|SURFACE MOUNT|AND|8533.10.00.20|8533.10.00.20| R1|Array/Network Resistor... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in SQL query

I used the following code code select * from tablename where columnname Instead of printing the expected output it prints all the files in the present directory since there is a "*" in the code. Is there any way to overcome the problem? Thanks Ananth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

10. Programming

Help writing SQL query

Hello All, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have zero sql query writing skill, in fact, I've never done it before, but for some reason, a request came across my desk to get information from one of our databases. I have about 200 ticket numbers that have no information attached,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.DEBUGDUMPPARAMS(3) 					 1					   PDOSTATEMENT.DEBUGDUMPPARAMS(3)

PDOStatement::debugDumpParams - Dump an SQL prepared command

SYNOPSIS
public void PDOStatement::debugDumpParams (void ) DESCRIPTION
Dumps the information contained by a prepared statement directly on the output. It will provide the SQL query in use, the number of param- eters used ( Params), the list of parameters with their key name or position, their name, their position in the query (if this is supported by the PDO driver, otherwise, it will be -1), type ( param_type) as an integer, and a boolean value is_param. This is a debug function, which dumps the data directly to the normal output. Tip As with anything that outputs its result directly to the browser, the output-control functions can be used to capture the output of this function, and save it in a string (for example). This will only dump the parameters in the statement at the moment of the dump. Extra parameters are not stored in the statement, and not displayed. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 PDOStatement.debugDumpParams(3) example with named parameters <?php /* Execute a prepared statement by binding PHP variables */ $calories = 150; $colour = 'red'; $sth = $dbh->prepare('SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit WHERE calories < :calories AND colour = :colour'); $sth->bindParam(':calories', $calories, PDO::PARAM_INT); $sth->bindValue(':colour', $colour, PDO::PARAM_STR, 12); $sth->execute(); $sth->debugDumpParams(); ?> The above example will output: SQL: [96] SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit WHERE calories < :calories AND colour = :colour Params: 2 Key: Name: [9] :calories paramno=-1 name=[9] ":calories" is_param=1 param_type=1 Key: Name: [7] :colour paramno=-1 name=[7] ":colour" is_param=1 param_type=2 Example #2 PDOStatement.debugDumpParams(3) example with unnamed parameters <?php /* Execute a prepared statement by binding PHP variables */ $calories = 150; $colour = 'red'; $name = 'apple'; $sth = $dbh->prepare('SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit WHERE calories < ? AND colour = ?'); $sth->bindParam(1, $calories, PDO::PARAM_INT); $sth->bindValue(2, $colour, PDO::PARAM_STR); $sth->execute(); $sth->debugDumpParams(); ?> The above example will output: SQL: [82] SELECT name, colour, calories FROM fruit WHERE calories < ? AND colour = ? Params: 2 Key: Position #0: paramno=0 name=[0] "" is_param=1 param_type=1 Key: Position #1: paramno=1 name=[0] "" is_param=1 param_type=2 SEE ALSO
PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.bindParam(3), PDOStatement.bindValue(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.DEBUGDUMPPARAMS(3)