Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: string concatenation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers string concatenation Post 302070302 by systemsb on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 12:43:20 AM
Old 04-04-2006
Can you show me how to do using awk or sed

Yes all the lines are of the same pattern

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help concatenation string and variable

Hello, in my script i have this lines of code in a while cycle: .. let j=i+1 t_prod_$i = `cat myfile.csv | grep world | cut -d ";" -f$j` let i+=1 ... So if i try an echo $t_prod_$i at the end of the cycle i cannot see the right value obtained by `cat myfile.csv | grep world |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drain
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation with spaces

Hi, I have a variable $ID=40 and I need to build a string like 40 40 40 40 40 40 so repeating ID 'n' times separated by spaces. Any help? Thanks Sarah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Concatenation

Hi All, I need to concatenate the values in the array into a variable. Currently the code is : for (( i=1 ; i <= $minCount ; i++ )) do var="${var}""${sample_file}" done The output is : /tmp/1/tmp/2/tmp/3/tmp/4/tmp/5/tmp/6/tmp/7/tmp/8/tmp/9/tmp/10 I need a space between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String/Variable Concatenation

Hello, Trying to concatenate the following using bourne shell: # !/bin/bash # this works in bash shell e.g. get the results I am expecting fnTmp=C$cindex.$station_0.$station_1.$station_3.$ts.tmp # # under !/bin/sh # the results are not the same Any assistance would be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation problems

#! /bin/csh set tt=12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr=`echo $tt | cut -d_ -f1` set rr1=welcome set ff=$rr $rr1 echo $ff why $ff returned only 12345 and not 12345welcome? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String / Variable Concatenation

Hi all, I'm trying to build a variable name automatically through a for loop for a script I'm working on, basically I want to build the variables named: $JVM_HOME0 or $JVM_HOME1 so that I can loop through some file copy/deletes and a server restart once completed. With the code below, I get this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydroponx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation problem

Hi there, I'm writing a basic script where I want to make a string of 2 numeric fields from a file, which I have done, but the behavior is rather confusing. I have a file of random values such as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and my awk code is: BEGIN { FS = " " } { str = str $1 $2 } END {... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HMChadwick
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group by and string concatenation

Hi, I was trying to work on a file which had the following data format 1 hi 1 this 1 is 1 john 2 hello 3 test 3 case the expected output file is the below 1 hi, this, is, john 2 hello 3 test, case I tried using awk or while read, but I couldnt... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikbhuvana
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with String concatenation

I have a script which is migrated from AIX to Linux & now while running it is no able to concatenate string values The string concatenation step under while loop is not displaying desired result Please find below the piece of code: while read EXT_FILE ; do EXT_FILE=$EXT_FILE.ext.sent echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
7 Replies
Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Server::IMAP4::List - folder related IMAP4 answers SYNOPSIS
my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new ( folders => $folders # Mail::Box::Identity , inbox => $inbox # Mail::Box , delimiter => '#' ); my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(user => $user); print $imap->list(...); # for LIST command METHODS
Constructors Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(USER) Create a (temporary) object to handle the LIST requests for a certain user, based upon a set of folders. The data is kept by Mail::Box::Identity and Mail::Box::Collection objects, which mean that the folders will not be opened to answer these questions. -Option --Default delimeter '/' folders <from user> inbox <from user> user <undef> delimeter => STRING|CODE Either the constant delimiter, or a code reference which will get passed a folder name and should return the delimiter string used in that name. If that folder name is empty, the default delimiter must be reported. See delimiter() for an example. folders => OBJECT You need to specify either a set of folders explicitly or via the user. Some Mail::Box::Identity OBJECT is needed. inbox => BOOLEAN For now, only used to see whether there is an inbox, so a truth value will do. This may change in the future. By default, the flag is set if "$user-"inbox> is defined. user => OBJECT A Mail::Box::Manage::User OBJECT, representing the user who's folders must get reported. Attributes $obj->delimiter([FOLDERNAME]) Returns the delimiter string. The foldername is only required when a CODE reference was specified at initiation. example: setting-up an IMAP4 delimeter sub delim($) { my $path = shift; my ($delim, $root) = $path =~ m/^(#news.)/ ? ('.', $1) = $path =~ m!^/! ? ('/', '/') : ('/', ''); wantarray ? ($delim, $root) : $delim; } my $list = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(delimiter => &delim, ...); print $list->delimiter('abc/xyz'); # returns a / (slash) and '' print $list->delimiter('#news.feed'); # returns a . (dot) and $news. print $list->delimiter(''); # returns default delimiter $obj->folders() Returns the Mail::Box::Identity of the toplevel folder. $obj->inbox() Returns the Mail::Box or filename of the INBOX. $obj->user() Returns the Mail::Box::Manage::User object, if defined. IMAP Commands $obj->list(BASE, PATTERN) IMAP's LIST command. The request must be partially decoded, the answer will need to be encoded. example: using IMAP list my $imap = Mail::Server::IMAP4::List->new(delimiter => &delim, ...); local $" = ';'; my @lines = $imap->list('', ''); # returns the default delimiter print ">@{$lines[0]}<"; # >(Noselect);/;< my @lines = $imap->list('#news',''); # specific delimiter print ">@{$lines[0]}<"; # >(Noselect);.;< my @lines = $imap->list('top/x/', '%'); print ">@$_<," foreach @lines; # >();/;/tmp/x/y<,>(Marked);/;/tmp/x/z< DETAILS
See RFC2060: "Internet Message Access Protocol IMAP4v1" sections 6.3.8 (LIST question) and 7.2.2 (LIST answer) SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Server::IMAP4::List(3pm)