Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Background service!
Operating Systems HP-UX Background service! Post 302070228 by ripunjay on Monday 3rd of April 2006 08:36:01 AM
Old 04-03-2006
Go for daemons

If u want the program to run in background....simply give the command like :

./servname &
---------

or else you may be looking for a daemon server. Daemon is a process that is completely detached of the input terminal. There are certain programming steps to make a program to run as a daemon that are taken care while developing that code.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs

Hi, i have a problem with turning a job into backgrund. When i enter this at the shell: spice -b darlington.cir -r output.raw > screenout.tmp & and then let me show the currently running jobs, i get the following output: + Suspended (tty output) spice -b darlington.cir -r output.raw >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qsi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

background process

Hello, This has probably been answered in other forms, however I would like to confirm this statement before I use it in production. Will this syntax work for a background process? echo "nohup server_process1 >/dir1/nohup.server_process1 2>&1 &" | ksh Please advise. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

3. AIX

Background process

how to check the process running in background? how can i run a process in background? pls explain with commands (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
FC-CACHE(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  FC-CACHE(1)

NAME
fc-cache, fonts.cache - create an index of FreeType font files in a directory SYNOPSIS
fc-cache [directory-name ...] DESCRIPTION
If directory arguments are not given, fc-cache uses each directory in the current font configuration. Each directory is scanned for font files readable by FreeType. A cache is created which contains properties of each font and the associated filename. This cache is used to speed application startup when using the fontconfig library. FILES
fonts.cache Maps file names to font properties. Read by the fontconfig library at application startup to locate appropriate fonts. SEE ALSO
libfontconfig(3lib) NOTES
fc-cache is run automatically at system boot to ensure font caches are up to date via the fc-cache service. The fc-cache service is man- aged by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/application/font/fc-cache Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWfontconfig | |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ 4 Mar 2003 FC-CACHE(1)