Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Increasing resolution in Debian? Post 302070184 by cbkihong on Sunday 2nd of April 2006 09:33:17 PM
Old 04-02-2006
Seems like you have xfree86 instead of xorg as the X server then (my Debian has switched to xorg).

What about

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

memory increasing

On Alpha True64 UNIX platform, we use "ps aux" command to display the process information, it also displays the %MEM,VSZ, RRS field. The question is that which field really indicates the program's memeory is increasing, thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help on increasing fs size

Hi Experts, I am not sure whether my question should be in this thread or some other one. I am using HP Tru64 system. Currently one of my filesystem /others is almost full. I need to know the exact commands to increase this filesystem. Please show me how to check for free partitions and add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Increasing File system

Dear all.... I want to increase the file system /u01 from 5 GB to 8GB. So what would be the command... Thanx in Advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosyblue
1 Replies

4. Solaris

increasing /var

i need to increase the size of my /var filesystem but i have no idea how to do it. Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0 144799 74952 55377 58% / /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6 342183 201079 106894 66% /usr /proc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roguekitton
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing numbers in Column

I have UWIn version of Unix for Desktop. I have a file (Subtitle file of a movie) with the following format abc def ghi jkl mno pqr stuv uvw xyz The subtitles are delayed about a min or few seconds more. I want to increase it to be as shown below: abc def ghi jkl mno pqr stuv ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Increasing inodes

Hi , Can someone help me to increase "inode" in solaris 9? Thanks in advance, Gowtham (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
8 Replies

7. AIX

Increasing ./usr or any filesystem

Hi guys, I want to increase my ./usr or just one path in my aix6.1 machine. currently if I # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 00f6126500004c00000 0012aef0c9035 VG STATE: active PP SIZE: 128... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
2 Replies

8. Solaris

increasing root / partition

Dear all, I have a root partition which is 20 G in size. I have var and /tmp as seperate file systems. But this 20 G of root is not sufficeint. I want to increase the size of the / partition. Is there any way to increase with out down time. my df -k output is Filesystem ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing order

Hi , I have around 1000000 odd lines in a file in random order. The file looks like this: >string102 >string10437183 >string514 >string10435771 >string10437259 >string1049931 >string1342 I want to arrange it in increasing order: >string102 >string514 >string1342... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty193
3 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)