Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users need advice on nameserver configuration Post 302070151 by wanex on Saturday 1st of April 2006 08:53:54 AM
Old 04-01-2006
need advice on nameserver configuration

on a Red Hat server I am running name server (ns1.mynameserver.com , ns2.mynameserver.com) can anybody advice how to set my server so that it automatically forwards domains that have ns1.mynameserver.com , ns2.mynameserver.com as nameserver address to a specific url/page, without actually adding hosting or dns records for domains on a server manualy
for example: I have somedomain.com once I change its nameserver from domain's registrars(enom godday...) control panel to ns1.mynameserver.com , ns2.mynameserver.com domain automatically will get forwarded to some page/url
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Looking for some advice

I am looking for some advice on wether to use unix or red hat linux? I have played with most windows OS and Mac OS up to in and including OS X. any and all advice would be appreciated (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justawind
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for advice...

Hi. First of all, Im an msoft guy, and when it comes to linux/unix, I'm retarded. Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to start I want to automatically connect to a remote server. Then I need it to login(https) -insert the licensce in the box(vi) -based on that licensce, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bravo24601
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Any advice would help

Hi everyone. I must admit up front that I am not very strong when it comes to Linux. I am actually a Windows guy, but don't let that count against me. :) I work for a very small company so we do not have a Server/Linux Admin on staff. Most of our needs have been handled by our WebHost. We have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidstyleb
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

two dns search with 4 nameserver

Hi all, Does someone use this kind of config on /etc/resolv.conf? search domain1.com domain2.com nameserver 1.x.x.x nameserver 2.x.x.x nameserver 3.x.x.x nameserver 4.x.x.x Is that going to work properly? I heard that only 3 lines are enabled on resolv.conf. Is that true? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NameServer not accessible

Hi everybody I am facing a little problem with names servers. I have a VPS with Kloxo installed on it I have registered 2 name servers (i.e. ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com) past one month. These nameservers are not accessible yet. I have check the nameserver on internic site and they are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Advice

Guys, Can you tell me what value would additional knowledge of PERL and CGI scripting will add to my skill set of UNIX shell scripting and ORACLE PL/SQL? I understand that PERL is a good tool for text processing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Which nameserver is used?

Hello, i change the nameserver in the resolv.conf file and want to test the new settings. On Linux i can call nslookup and it shows the nameserver which is used: ># nslookup www.unix.com Server: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX#53 Non-authoritative answer:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soeren1176
3 Replies

8. Web Development

(WHM) Primary Resolver and Nameserver confusion

Okay, I know generally how the internet works but here I am confused. Every website that I've worked on prior to this had a vendor providing Nameserver services -Meaning that I just pointed my DNS to their server and they do the rest. Now, I am confused by what the Primary Resolver is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

[Android-Networking] can't acces internet, while settings says all is ok => Routing/Nameserver prob

Hello, since a while, i have a very strange and frustrating network problem with my Huawei p6(Android 4.4.2). The ROM is "Omni Rom", i think - but it shouldn't matter. The problem is: when i try to connect through wlan (i have no mobile internet), according to the network manager of android,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Palindrom
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bind: Can you configure multiple domains using the same nameserver

Can you add multiple domains to a nameserver without creating a new IP address? I have one IP address on my machine and have configured forward and reverse zone files. Names are resolving fine. I know I can add another domain to the named.conf file and create new forward and reverse files. what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxGirl
2 Replies
MAKEPERCENTRELAY(8)					      Double Precision, Inc.					       MAKEPERCENTRELAY(8)

NAME
makepercentrelay - Build a list of %-relayed domains SYNOPSIS
makepercentrelay DESCRIPTION
makepercentrelay reads /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dir and creates /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dat which is a binary database file. The files /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay and /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dat specify a list of "percent-hack" domains. /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay is a plain text file, containing one domain per line. The Courier mail server loads the contents of /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay into memory, so if you have a lot of domains, you will want to use the binary database file. The makepercentrelay command reads /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dir, which can be either a plain text file itself, or a directory containing plain text files. All files in the subdirectory are concatenated, and the binary database file is created from the result. the Courier mail server can use both /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay and /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dat at the same time. Usually you would put a couple of your most frequent domains in /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay, then put the rest in /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dir, and use makepercentrelay to turn it into a database file. "percent-hack" domains are a list of domains for which the Courier mail server accepts mail via ESMTP addressed as "local%percent.hack.domain@local.domain", where "percent.hack.domain" is a domain found in /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay or /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dat, and "local.domain" is any domain found in /etc/courier/locals. The Courier mail server removes the local domain, and rewrites the address as "local@percent.hack.domain", then attempts to deliver it. The percent hack applies only to mail received via ESMTP. The Courier mail server does not check this list of domains if the message is received via any other way (such as by running /usr/bin/sendmail directly from the command line). "percent.hack.domain" would likely to be a domain that the Courier mail server knows how to handle via some other means. It might be an entry in /etc/courier/aliases, or an entry in /etc/courier/esmtproutes. SEE ALSO
esmtpd(8)[1], makealiases(8)[2]. AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. esmtpd(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/esmtpd.html 2. makealiases(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/makealiases.html Courier Mail Server 08/30/2011 MAKEPERCENTRELAY(8)