Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: while loops
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting while loops Post 302070100 by Perderabo on Friday 31st of March 2006 11:59:58 AM
Old 03-31-2006
Code:
#! /usr/bin/ksh

exec < file
while read line ; do
        [[ "$line" = *"Media ID="* ]] && echo ${line#*=}
        [[ "$line" = *"Type="* ]] && echo ${line#*=}
done
exit 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

loops?

hello....very new user to unix...and i have a question..i am not sure if there is such a thing For example...the user is asked if he likes Bananas....if he says yes.... echo You like Bananas $name at the end of the script it echos all that the user has entered so they can read it.... but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas27
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loops within loops

I am running on HPUX using ksh. I have a script that uses a loop within a loop, for some reason the script seems to hang on a particuliar record. The record is fine and hits the condition in Blue. If I kill the 1st loop process the script continues on with no problem. Begin code> <Some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bthomas
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While Loops

I'm trying to create a loop that will prompt the user for 15 values, not forcing them to enter all 15. If the user enters through one or more of the prompts the null value needs to be converted to 0, otherwise set the parameter = to the value entered: ex. Please enter file no #1: 17920 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdc
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two loops

Hi, how can I use "for" to have two loops : this is my script : for i in (A B C) do for j in (a b c) do echo $i$j done done #End I want to print out Aa Ab Ac .... But I have error message : syntax error at line 1 : `(' unexpected Many thanks before. How should I use "for" ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with While Loops

I am traversing down a list, and I am not quite sure how to tell the loop to break when it's done going through the file. #!/bin/sh while : do read list <&3 echo $list done is the code. The file "list" is simply 5 4 3 2 1 any advice on how to break the loop after the file is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaestroRage
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with the 2 for loops

#!/bin/bash IFS=$'\n' A= a c b t g j i e d B= t y u i o p counter=0 found="" for i in $(cat $A) do for j in $(cat $B) do if then found="yes" fi done if then (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadharah
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loops

Hi All, I want to execute a script the number of times a user enters. Please can you advise on hor can I do the same. Many Thanks, Shazin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

loops with tr

Hello, I'm not sure if this is more appropriate for the 'unix for dummies' or the 'unix for experts' forum because I'm new to this forum and this is the second topic I've discussed, but if you could let me know which one was more appropriate for something like this, please do! So in tr (an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliette salexa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with loops?

I'm trying to understand better the while and until loops, can someone help me with this example? #!/bin/bash # Listing the planets. for planet in Mercury Venus Earth Mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neptune Pluto do echo $planet # Each planet on a separate line. done echo; echo for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jose2802
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with for loops

Why wont my for statements work? Im trying to get this script to swich to a user an if you put in a start/stop/or restart paramater to do just that for each user. I commented out the actual start/stop actions to test it just by using echos and not do anything hasty in the environment but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LilyClaro
0 Replies
Tangram::Type::TimeAndDate(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Tangram::Type::TimeAndDate(3pm)

NAME
Tangram::Type::TimeAndDate - map date & time fields SYNOPSIS
use Tangram; # any of: use Tangram::Type::Date; # RAW - use with caution use Tangram::Type::Time; use Tangram::Type::Date::Cooked; # pure ISO-8601 use Tangram::Type::Date::DateTime; use Tangram::Type::Date::Manip; use Tangram::Type::Date::TimePiece; Tangram::Schema->new( classes => { NaturalPerson => { fields => { rawdatetime => [ qw( birth death ) ], rawdate => [ qw( depart return ) ], rawtime => [ qw( breakfast lunch dinner ) ], cookeddatetime => [ qw( cooked ) ], dmdatetime => [ qw( datemanip ) ], timepiece => [ qw( fob ) ], datetime => [ qw( bloat ) ], DESCRIPTION
These classes are responsible for mapping strings to SQL date or time types. These classes are not imported by Tangram.pm, thus they must be explicitly imported via a "use" directive. The three typetags "rawdate", "rawtime" and "rawdatetime" are for mapping strings to SQL date/time types, for databases that differentiate between "dates" and "times". 'Raw' means that Tangram doesn't attempt to interpret the strings, it merely passes them down to DBI. "cookeddatetime" is like "rawdatetime" except that the date is converted from the DBMS format to ISO-8601 in the form : YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS for example: 2004-12-25T13:14:15 Other modules then further cook this ISO date into an object as is the convention for a particular module. This only works with back-ends that allow per-connection settings for the default date format, such as Tangram::Driver::Oracle. On the way back out, the date is converted back to the DBMS format. This is achieved via vendor-specific functions mentioned in "Tan- gram::Relational". The persistent fields may be specified either as a hash or as an array of field names. In the hash form, each entry consists in a field name and an associated option hash. The option hash may contain the following fields: * col * sql "col" sets the name of the column used to store the field's value. This field is optional, it defaults to the persistent field name. Over- ride if the field name is not an acceptable SQL column name. "sql" sets the SQL type of the column. Used by Schema::deploy() when initializing a database. Defaults to 'VARCHAR(255) NULL' for strings, 'INT NULL' for ints and 'REAL NULL' for reals. The persistent fields may also be specified as an array of strings, in which case the defaults are used. perl v5.8.8 2006-03-29 Tangram::Type::TimeAndDate(3pm)