Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Little Endiean and Big Endian Post 302070085 by reddymails on Friday 31st of March 2006 08:42:12 AM
Old 03-31-2006
hi Nirmal,
There is one program in book titled network programming in unix by
Richard Stevens. See if you can that book. I had used the program form that book.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX endian again

Hi all I know AIX is big-endian machine.But does it read bytes in normal way from LSB. Does it happen in some machine that at multi-byte integer level it is Little-endian and while reading a single byte it is Big-Endian. This is urgent Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shobhit
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

3. Programming

Big and Little Endian

We are developing an application using TLI for network communication.The Server Code is developed in Sun and client in SCO unix. When we route data from Client to Server we encrypt the data using DES algotithm utility.The problem we are facing that Sun uses Big Endian methodology to store data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Endian Conversion

Hi everybody, I met this week a problem. For now, we used TRU64 system based on alpha. Now, we're installing UP-UX systems (on Itanium). And we have problem with our files. Indeed, we use file with COMP-3, COMP-5 data. These files are used on both platforms. (we use also TXT files which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigmike59270
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Migrating Oracle from Big Endian to Little Endian Platorm

Hi, We are trying to migrate an oracle database from Sun Solaris (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-28 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60) to Linux 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 22 03:01:10 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux which is basically a Big Endian to Little Endian conversion. We shutdown... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
3 Replies

6. Solaris

question about the little-endian in sparc

hi folks, in the sparc v9 manul , it says it is possible to access the memory data in little-endian mode, but there is only privilaged instruction that could set the PSTATE ( the cle bit ) regist. if I'm in the user mode , is it possible for me to access the data in little-endian mode? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Endian vs pfsense??

Hi Endian firewall free version if we do compare pfsense For a LAN network with active user 1000 Which do you recommend Share (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies
LILYPOND-BOOK(1)						   User Commands						  LILYPOND-BOOK(1)

NAME
lilypond-book - manual page for lilypond-book 2.14.2 SYNOPSIS
lilypond-book [OPTION]... FILE DESCRIPTION
Process LilyPond snippets in hybrid HTML, LaTeX, texinfo or DocBook document. OPTIONS
-F, --filter=FILTER pipe snippets through FILTER [default: `convert-ly -n -'] -f, --format=FORMAT use output format FORMAT (texi [default], texi-html, latex, html, docbook) -h, --help show this help and exit -I, --include=DIR add DIR to include path --info-images-dir=DIR format Texinfo output so that Info will look for images of music in DIR --left-padding=PAD pad left side of music to align music inspite of uneven bar numbers (in mm) --lily-output-dir=DIR write lily-XXX files to DIR, link into --output dir --load-custom-package=PACKAGE Load the additional python PACKAGE (containing e.g. a custom output format) -o, --output=DIR write output to DIR -P, --process=COMMAND process ly_files using COMMAND FILE... -s, --safe Compile snippets in safe mode --skip-lily-check do not fail if no lilypond output is found --skip-png-check do not fail if no PNG images are found for EPS files --use-source-file-names write snippet output files with the same base name as their source file -V, --verbose be verbose --version show version number and exit -w, --warranty show warranty and copyright Options only for the latex and texinfo backends: --latex-program=PROG run executable PROG instead of latex, or in case --pdf option is set instead of pdflatex --pdf create PDF files for use with PDFTeX EXAMPLES
$ lilypond-book --filter="tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]'" BOOK $ lilypond-book -F "convert-ly --no-version --from=2.0.0 -" BOOK $ lilypond-book --process='lilypond -I include' BOOK REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs via http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.bugs SEE ALSO
The full documentation for lilypond-book is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and lilypond-book programs are properly installed at your site, the command info lilypond-book should give you access to the complete manual. lilypond-book 2.14.2 February 2013 LILYPOND-BOOK(1)