Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Turn off GDM boot-up?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Turn off GDM boot-up? Post 302070040 by cbkihong on Thursday 30th of March 2006 10:00:47 PM
Old 03-30-2006
Or just change the /etc/inittab to not enter 'X11' mode.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing gdm on mac os x tiger

I was installing gdm on the terminal application and my ISP disconnected. When I reconnected and tried to continue the installation, I got the following message: Waiting for lock on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianzen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to log into gdm, urgent help needed!!!pls

Hi all, I was playing around with some scripts and spoilt solaris completely .. So i reinstalled and thought of giving the password once i log in... However i forgot all about it and went ahead installing all my drivers and particularly KDE 3.5.8 on my system.. But for kde to show up at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldap+samba+gdm trouble

I'm having troubles setting up a client(with Ubuntu 8.10) for a ldap+samba server. I can't authenticate through the client with gdm, the messages I have in /etc/auth.log at the client is Dec 4 14:21:56 myuser-mydesktop gdm: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldap://192.168.0.1: Invalid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: capibolso
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to verify xdm/gdm or dtlogin is setup to be used by the system

Hi All, I was going through a UNIX system administration handbook and while reading found the below sentence "init is also responsible for spawning graphical login systems such as xdm,gdm, or dtlogin if the system is et up to use them" My question is,how to verify on a UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_ananthu
3 Replies

5. BSD

gdm restart infinitely

Salamo Alikom when i start gdm to log in ,i found it restart infinitely . my log files : (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIFE
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Changing an image between grub and GDM Login

Sorry. I know this has been asked before but I am not finding anything that works and after a couple of days I am getting frustrated. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 i386 I know how to change the Grub menu image. I have the login screen image and theme changed as well with GDM. What I am trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nix_Cola
2 Replies

7. Debian

Gnome session reverts back to gdm on login.

Hi everyone. I just had a quick problem. I'm not too familiar with linux yet, otherwise I'd have this figured out by now. I recently did the Debian 5lenny7 update with the standard debian update manager. After getting all installed and rebooted, I tried to login to my account again. Every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runfaj
3 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

9. Linux

Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me????

Hey guys..... Im new user for linux fedora 20.... i really need help ....... i have no idea why suddently when i turn on my laptop fedora turn to be black screen and ask me loging in , when i loging then nothing happen , it stay at the same screen... then i try to go to "with linux secure...,"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: asianfootball
12 Replies
MPROMPT(1)							      mprompt								MPROMPT(1)

NAME
mprompt - simple prompt-based control for mpd SYNOPSIS
mpompt [-s] [-m key=key] [-t n] [-f] [tty] [-T] [host] DESCRIPTION
mprompt is a mpd client with a prompt-based interface. It is designed to be usable on a headless machine. At the prompt, enter the name of a playlist, or part of the name of an album, artist, or song. Matching items will start playing. You can also paste in urls to stream. (If the perl String::Approx module is available, it will be used to handle typos, etc in the names you enter.) Use the left and right arrow keys to adjust volume, and the up and down arrow keys to move through the playlist. The Tab and Enter keys can both be used to pause and unpause playback. (Enter toggles pause only if nothing has been entered at the prompt.) Example of how to run mprompt in /etc/inittab: 1:2345:respawn:/usr/bin/mprompt /dev/tty1 OPTIONS
-s This option allows shell commands to be typed in to mprompt, to be run by whatever user it is running as. (Typically root if it is run from /etc/inittab). To enter a shell command, type a "!", followed by the command to run, followed by Enter. -m key=key This option allows remapping keys. Any key can be remapped to any other key, which is useful to support keyboard with unusual key layouts, or missing keys. For alphanumeric and punctuation keys, individual symbols can be remapped. For example, "-m a=b" will turn each entered "a" into "b". For other keys, use the following names: <return> <tab> <space> <up> <down> <left> <right> <backspace> For example, -m "n=<down>" will map the "n" key to the down arrow, causing that key to change to the next track; -m "<space>=<return>" will make the space bar act as a pause. It's possible to swap keys too. For example, -m "<down>=<up>" -m "<up>=<down>" A single key can also be bound to a series of keystrokes. For example, -m "1=Mule Variations<return>" will cause the "1" key to play the "Mule Variations" album, a nice choice. -t n Adds a timeout, a specified number of seconds after which the entry on the command line will be cleared. Useful for headless systems, to avoid cat-on-keyboard confusing your later commands. -T Enables terse output mode. This mode tries to avoid displaying excessive or complex things, with the intent that mprompt's output can be piped into a speech synthesiser, such as espeak. SEE ALSO
vipl(1) mptoggle(1) mpd(1) AUTHOR
Copyright 2009 Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Licensed under the GNU GPL version 2 or higher. http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/mpdtoys perl v5.10.1 2010-03-06 MPROMPT(1)