Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pipe not taken into consideration Post 302069962 by Perderabo on Thursday 30th of March 2006 12:34:18 PM
Old 03-30-2006
No space after the 2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pipe help

i made a lot of processes. here is the code: main() { printf("\nEnter K="); scanf("%d",&k); printf("Enter L="); scanf("%d",&l); printf("\nFather id=%d\n",getpid()); x=0; makechild(); sleep(2); return 1; } int makechild() { for(q=1;q<=k;q++) { if(f=fork()) { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb666
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe | question

how do you pipe the results to next statement as argument? somecommand | grep $result somefile how do you reference $result with?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
12 Replies

3. Programming

Gcc with pipe

I want to compile all files in my directory i wrote find *.c | gcc -o * *.c but it dosent work :( Help pliz (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rzili
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use pipe

Hi, guys: I am working on my shell using c. How can I use pipe to implement the following? ls -l 1>> | grep hellp 1<< 2>> | less 2<< (the output of ls goes to grep, and the output of grep goes to less) Thanks Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomlee
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use an input pipe ?

Hi all, I would like to use properly an input pipe, like this : cat myFile.txt | myCommand.shI always find this solution : while read line; do ...; donebut I have a great lost of performance ! On a big file, with a simple grep, I can spend 2400 times more time ! oO (from 0,023sec to 1m)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeNouveau
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe and fgrep

Hi , Please help me resolve the below issue. I need to combine the below two command into one. grep 'ImanItemP' import.report| tr -s ' ' | cut -f2 -d ' ' > tmp.txt fgrep -v -f tmp.txt input.txt > reuired file.txt Thanks Ramesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh12621
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe Functionality

Hi, I am trying to emulate the '|' functionality through pipe function call. I am passing the o/p of exec in parent as input to the exec in child. The buf is readin the o/p but the exec in child is not working. Can somebody checkout the code and point where am i going wrong or missing something.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amejoish
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
vrb_space_ptr(3)					      VRB Programmer's Manual						  vrb_space_ptr(3)

NAME
vrb_space_ptr - return pointer to empty space LIBRARY
-lvrb SYNOPSIS
#include <vrb.h> size_t vrb_space_ptr(vrb_p vrb); DESCRIPTION
vrb_space_ptr returns the pointer to the beginning of the contiguous block of empty space within the virtual ring buffer where data may be placed. The pointer has meaning only if there is space in the buffer. If there is no space in the buffer, an arbitrary pointer is returned that must not be used. Use vrb_space_len(3) or vrb_is_full(3) to determine if vrb_space_ptr(3) has a meaningful pointer. The caller may access all of this space, and should call vrb_give(3) to indicate how much data has been placed into the buffer. ARGUMENTS
vrb_p vrb specifies the virtual ring buffer to obtain the empty space pointer from. If a NULL or invalid pointer is given, results are unpredictable and are likely to be disasterous. RETURN VALUE
size_t The pointer to the empty space in the virtual ring buffer is returned. SEE ALSO
vrb(3), vrb_capacity(3), vrb_data_len(3), vrb_data_ptr(3), vrb_destroy(3), vrb_get(3), vrb_get_min(3), vrb_give(3), vrb_init(3), vrb_init_opt(3), vrb_is_empty(3), vrb_is_full(3), vrb_is_not_empty(3), vrb_is_not_full(3), vrb_move(3), vrb_new(3), vrb_new_opt(3), vrb_put(3), vrb_put_all(3), vrb_read(3), vrb_read_min(3), vrb_resize(3), vrb_space_len(3), vrb_take(3), vrb_uninit(3), vrb_write(3), vrb_write_min(3) vrb 2002-09-30 vrb_space_ptr(3)